Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Insane progress after having to restart

Hazanko
@hazanko
11 years ago
27 posts
So it's been awhile since I've been on here, I ended up finding a decent job I couldn't really give up, but unfortunately one of the stipulations for getting hired was that I had to ''fix'' my hair. I spent probably 4-5+ hours ripping all the knots out, which was needless to say a very painful and frustrating experience.Either way, I had only gotten it trimmed a little bit to straighten it out, and then spent maybe another 3-4 months growing it out. It was maybe almost halfway down my neck then, and now it's maybe 1-2 inches below my shoulders except for in the very front which just grows a little slower I think.I stopped combing out my hair about a month ago, and it seems like I already somehow have like 5 solid dreads where almost all of the hair except for the ends are completely knotted up and meshed together. Granted 4 of them are all on my left side, and I only have 1 on my right, that just seems crazy to me. Almost within the first few days they were sectioned off and starting to loop and tangle up.I have a decent amount of development elsewhere, maybe another 7-8 dread babies forming, where it's grouped together into the sizes I think I want it and there are knots and some loops here and there. Maybe another 7-8 babies forming with knots and etc, but I think I want to let them group together with surrounding hair so they are bigger.Is it normal to have certain parts progress WAY faster than everything else around it? I know that usually one side of your head progresses faster, which is more or less true, but one of my ''real dreads'' out of 5 that have formed so far is on my right side where the other 4 are on my left. Also, I just feel like I have crazy progress in general for only being a month in with almost completely straight hair, or am I just overplaying my progress?I'll try and post pictures a little later too, but my camera doesn't produce the best detail in hair so it may not look like much.
updated by @hazanko: 01/13/15 09:53:47PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

its not uncommon to progress that fast
and yea the side u sleep on dreads fastest

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Your hair obviously missed having dreads, you've made it happy again. My right side was dreading so much faster, would always roll over to it in my sleep, ended up having to sleep on the couch for a month to even it out, wouldn't roll over that way.....peace

Laura Earle
@laura-earle
11 years ago
233 posts

Haha, I think Barrellady's right!

Yeah, I actually haven't talked with anyone here who's hair dreaded even remotely evenly. So no worries.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form