Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dread progress.

Joseph
@joseph
11 years ago
37 posts

I'm about to finally hit my two year mark next week and I have made tremendous progress. I was having trouble dreading because my hair was so short and I was washing with the wrong products. But now, the hair is doing great.

My scalp on the other hand is worrying me. It still flakes and itches almost every day. I've tried the fancy shampoo bar that Soaring Eagle recommends, baking soda/ vinegar, tea tree oil, rosemary, tea tree oil shampoo, Selsun blue and even Head and Shoulders.

I honestly don't know what else to try. I would hate to undo so much progress over something that could possibly be fixed easily. Any other suggestions?

updated by @joseph: 01/13/15 09:53:45PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

never use selsum blue or head and shoulders on dreads!
the only semi safe dandruff shampoo is um i think its fructis clear dandruf control or something but thats iffy too
continue to use the teateee rosemary bar stop using hard water
if that isnt enough thenm, consult a dermatologist and get a proper diagnosis
whats called dandruf rarely is dandruf theres a dozen or more dry scalp conditions that maybe the culprit auto imune things too

aee you using sea salt? stop
overuse of teatree can dry it worse use very lil
worse case ..dip a q tip in jojoba apply directly to itchy spots to moisturize the scalp

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Joseph
@joseph
11 years ago
37 posts

I quit using tea tree, because it wasn't working. Now I just use the shampoo bar like, once a week. But that isn't working either. I know it's not dandruff, but whatever it is, it's annoying and it makes me self conscious.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

use the teatree rosemary bar 2 to 3 times a week if needed..no hot water no sea salt

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Joseph
@joseph
11 years ago
37 posts

I was doing that. And it didn't work still.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong. How should I be washing with it?

Rafael Rodriguez
@rafael-rodriguez
11 years ago
41 posts

I normally eithr pour the liquid shampoo if diluted on my scalp or pour some on my hands then rub them a little bit and apply to my scalp and dreads. Yes I do put the soap all over my hair but on the dreads i just squeeze gently together, then scalp i hit it like if it was itching, i try not to go to strong on the roots tho.

Also I havent used those soaps but Dr. B doesnt leave my head itchy. The pepermint tingles the most, then the lavender from thte three I have used. The last one is tea tree.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form