Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Need More Advice..

Corey Ledgerwood
@corey-ledgerwood
11 years ago
25 posts
So I took everyone's advice about taking out the rubberbands, not wearing a hat, and not crocheting. They feel alot better after not having rubberbands in for this one day already. And the dreads that were never crocheted or anything even feel tighter. But now I'm at the point where my hair is really greasy. I don't have the nmoney es at the moment to go order dread shampoo or drive up to trader Joe's for that other stuff, and I have really hard water, like well water. I want to try the baking soda instead of Tue suave to wash, but is it okay with hard water? Also I washed my hair 3 days after having them backcombed, and tomorrow will be one week of having them, so would it be okay to wash them so quick? Thanks
updated by @corey-ledgerwood: 01/13/15 09:53:37PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

thats not that quick twice a weeks perfect and bs will be ok in hard water its really the alkaline water uk has that makes it need to practicly be boiled

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

I have well water / hard water. Just boil the water you need for the baking soda to dissolve. After it boils, let it sit to settle down, then slowly pour out the 5 cups needed, careful not to disturb the residue of the water at the bottom, that has the minerals. With that 5 cups of water cooled down, add in the 1/2 cup of baking soda. Make sure the water is cool enough to pour over your wet head. Leave it on for 10 minutes minimum to exfoliate the scalp without scrubbing and rinse out well. Follow with an apple cider vinegar rinse, you can use water without boiling it for this part. 1-2 capfuls of ACV to 5 cups water, pour over head and leave on for no more than one minute or it will over condition the hair. If you have a very oily scalp, you won't need use this. your scalp oils will balance the hairs PH all on its own. If you don't have an oily scalp, use the ACV every time you do a baking soda wash.

I did not look where you live, but I buy cooler size water bottles and use this water instead of boiling some, just easier for me. Many, many soaps and shampoos for dreads will leave behind a residue with our hard well water, but the DreadlockShampoo.com stuff works beautifully for me, I've only used the liquid form.

Peace

Corey Ledgerwood
@corey-ledgerwood
11 years ago
25 posts
Alright thanks you two. I'm definitely going to do the baking soda wash tomorrow since its hella late and I want fresh hair on Monday for school lol. But I read that 1/2 of a cup of baking soda per 5 cups of water? Does that sound right? And also should I sorta scrub the baking soda out when I rinse or just let the pressure from the shower do it. Thanks so much again
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Yes, that is the ratio for BS & water, left info on your page as a welcome. You can use your fingertips gently if you want when rinsing it out, or if you have a strong shower head, let it do the work.....you are very welcome...peace

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form