Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Proper washing/scrubbing technique for baby dreads?

Premo
@premo
11 years ago
30 posts

Hello!

Almost 4 months in, progress has been slow but I'm not getting discouraged. I have a quick question for you guys. I was just curious what the proper washing/scrubbing technique is for baby dreads? Like, in the shower, what exactly should I be doing to my scalp after I wet it and apply the shampoo? Should I be using my finger tips on the super itchy spots? Someone not from this site told me to do big round, but gentle circular motions on my head with my palms. I just want to be able to get any sort of grime or dandruff away without setting back my progress at all.

Thanks for your time.

updated by @premo: 01/13/15 09:53:27PM
Jackie Turner
@jackie-turner
11 years ago
76 posts

Instead of using shampoo, use the baking soda mixture listed in the dreducation part of the site and follow with the apple cider vinegar rinse. This is a sure way to make sure that you dreads are clean. I use this and only this every time I wash. It also helps you dread faster. On the dreaducation part of the site they also have a list of different oils that will help prevent dandruff. I had the same issue. I alternate between tea tree oil, rosemary and patchouli (or however it is spelled). These all work well with my hair. And they add good smells to. the mixture for the baking soda and how much oils to use is listed under dreaducation. Check it out! Good luck!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

use your fingertips to scrape at the trouble spots

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

You can use dread shampoo right now, that is fine. What I do is use a squirt bottle, add water and then my shampoo to it, shake well. (the bottle not you, but you can shake yourself too if your want). I wet my hair completely, then squirt the mixture all over my scalp area, then gently scrub it with my finger tips. There is no need to scrub the sections at all, not good to disturb them also, when you rinse out the shampoo, it will run through your sections, washing them as it runs through. Finishing off with a cold head rinse, as cold as you can take, at the end of your wash helps with itch and dandruff-feels good too!

peace

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form