Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Africas best super grow?

Denise Schenk
@denise-schenk
11 years ago
10 posts

Wondering if anyone has used it and if it's any good for dreadlocks? Doesn't say anywhere on it really, I bought it but I'm just wondering if I should be worried about build up or anything. Or if it would be good for re-twisting? I've only had my dreads since april so haven't retwisted and not sure if I plan to or if I'm just going to let my hair do it's thing but, just curious.

updated by @denise-schenk: 07/08/20 02:13:16PM
Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

You will need to post ingredients etc. I'm assuming it is a shampoo? You should never re-twist your hair. Re-twisting will cause a condition called traction alopecia. You certainly don't need to do it on any type of hair, but it is a common starter method for African type hair.

peace

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Hi Denise. Re-twisting the hair is not only damaging, but will halt the maturing process and put you back to the early stages. If dreads do not loop & shrink to fatten up, then they are unable to mature. Why would you want to do that? Please read the dreaducation section at the top of the site to learn about healthy dread care and what you should and should not do for life lasting dreadlocks. Put up with the messy stages and you will be greatly rewarded with the dreadlocks of your dreams.....peace.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

u never want to retwist and are u african ameeivcan it doesnt look it in the pic but too small to be sure

if uour not then twisting wouldnt work anyways

how were they started are u aa what products were used

twisting has 1 purpose..to make u go bald

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
CoriElaine
@corielaine
11 years ago
173 posts

You phrased that beautifully :D I completely agree with you Barrellady,

the Barrellady said:

Hi Denise. Re-twisting the hair is not only damaging, but will halt the maturing process and put you back to the early stages. If dreads do not loop & shrink to fatten up, then they are unable to mature. Why would you want to do that? Please read the dreaducation section at the top of the site to learn about healthy dread care and what you should and should not do for life lasting dreadlocks. Put up with the messy stages and you will be greatly rewarded with the dreadlocks of your dreams.....peace.

Denise Schenk
@denise-schenk
11 years ago
10 posts

Lol, you all commented on the retwisting but said nothing about the product I was asking about. I've already read most of the stuff on here, I know retwisting isn't good. If I did it it would be very rarely. I just want to know about the product.

Denise Schenk
@denise-schenk
11 years ago
10 posts

& to answer the question I'm biracial. my hair is kind of an in between.

Denise Schenk
@denise-schenk
11 years ago
10 posts

Alright, I won't use it then. Wondering though, any suggestions for something to put on the scalp?? That was the main reason I had bought it but I dont want to try to put it on my scalp and risk getting it anywhere else if it's no good for the hair. Any idea of something I can use to kind of moisturize the scalp between washings? Is it good to use something to moisturize the dreads themselves? If so what works?

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

The warning on the bottle I see says it's flammable. Nuff said. Its main ingredient is petrolatum. It's a parrafin, which is much more flammable than wax, or even gasoline. And it burns longer. So don't even use it, just for that reason.

The side effects of petrolatum are irritation, burned skin, stinging, and inflammation. The cayenne pepper will only exasperate this. And it will burn you if you get it wet.

Every review I read, so far, on Amazon said it leave your hair a greasy mess. One guy even went as far as to say it made his hair look like a deep fryer.

I'd stay far away from it. The wax will only destroy locks, and the parabens are really bad for you

Denise Schenk
@denise-schenk
11 years ago
10 posts

Thank you for the advice everyone, I appreciate it. I definitely won't use it, and I'll look into the other suggestions.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form