Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Starting Dreads Lengtt?

Corey Ledgerwood
@corey-ledgerwood
11 years ago
25 posts

I have about 4-5 inches of hair total and i really wanna start some dreads. Could i backcomb at this length? Also would it look silly to start them so short at this length? Thanks everyone BTW the pictureattachedis what my hair looks like right now.

updated by @corey-ledgerwood: 01/13/15 09:53:11PM
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Dreadlocks will start to form naturally at about 6 inches. At 4-5 inches you can stop brushing now and let the hair naturally separate into sections. One day you will wake up and they will have knots in them, starting on their own journey. There is a product called Biotin which can be purchased at your local drug store for under $10 in the vitamin section. It promotes hair growth and you will see results in 3 months, take the 6000mcg strength if you can find it, or add up the tablets to equal this strength and take daily.

Read the dreaducation section at the top of the site to learn all about the methods of dreading. With your length hair I would just go natural/free form.....Peace

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

why backcomb?

u can tnr at 4-5

or start going natural and it will dread in 2 month s when u reach 6

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Corey Ledgerwood
@corey-ledgerwood
11 years ago
25 posts
I just thought backcombing was the most efficient from what I've read. But twist and rip will work better? I don't really wanna wait and let them grow I kinda wanna start now...
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

you can start today naturaly even if bald

if u tnr or backcomb today chanceas are good in a week they will all fall out and you'll be going natural anyway 1 more inch enr or backcomb will work (assume u know to avoid wax?)

what made u think backcomb is efficient?

efficiency= max benifit from min effort

backcomb is a min of 8-18 hours of agresasive hair pulling (and damaging)

nayural the only effort is tossing the comb in the trash

purew eficiency u just let it dread on its own

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

of yea take biotin to double the growth speed

--
Corey Ledgerwood
@corey-ledgerwood
11 years ago
25 posts
Ill def look into the biotin. But I guess I'm just gonna let it go natural from what you're sayin
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form