Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Wondering about my dreads?

Gary Ray
@gary-ray
11 years ago
4 posts
I have had my dreads for about 3 1/2 weeks. I back combed them. I'm starting to notice lots of loose hair. Is this going to be normal? I'm washing with Buck County dreadlock bar shampoo. Is there something I need to do. I don't want to crochet it in. I'm wanting a more natural look, but I was inpatient so I back combed to jump start. If anyone has any advice it would be much appreciated.
updated by @gary-ray: 01/13/15 09:51:52PM
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

When using a method like backcombing or twist & rip, those sections made are only the blueprints of where you want your dreads to be, they are actually not dreads themselves. To go on a journey to mature, they must loosen, some might even fall out. They do this so that they can knot and loop and zig zag to shrink and turn into mature dreads. Eventually they will become the thickness or where the hair meets the scalp. This process can take a year or more. The loose hairs will get sucked in during this time. All you need to do is not worry, keep them clean, and separate any sections that are trying to join together. That's it! It is an easy, crazy ride, enjoy it....Peace

Gary Ray
@gary-ray
11 years ago
4 posts
Thanks for the advice. It makes me feel better knowing this now.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form