Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Water wash through hair every morning? Good or bad?

kenan thomas
@kenan-thomas
11 years ago
8 posts

So Im on day 3 of natural neglect and so far I can see some progress through my hair. I wash every 3 days with vinegar and baking soda but in the mornings I rinse my hair in the shower with warm water. The reason why is because I have african american hair which is about 2.5 inches in length and when i go to sleep on my wool pillow i awake to really matted knotted hair. I want my dreads to form the best and im not sure if im slowing the process down by rinsing my hair with water every morning. I rinse it so that my hair isnt as matted and I dont look crazy going out the house to school.

Should I stop doing this? If yes what other techniques should I do?

Thanks

(p.s sorry if I repreated the same question over and over.. I just woke up lol :P )

updated by @kenan-thomas: 01/13/15 09:51:48PM
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

It is okay in the early stages to wet your hair every day, as long as it dries out completely each time, you do it in the morning which is best, but as locks mature, you do not want them to always be wet or damp. If your wool pillow is causing extreme matting, try sleeping without it. With your textured hair, you can get your self a good non residue shampoo, . The soap bars from dreadlockshampoo.com are the best for African American hair. If you find your hair is drying out due to its texture, then you will need more moisture, so you can use jojoba oil & massage it into your scalp and into your locks if you find your hair is getting dry, You don't need to use too much. You can also use Aloe direct from the Aloe Vera plant, just cut off a piece from a larger plant and use a rolling pin to roll the juice out, you may also use coconut oil as a conditioner.

When you notice sections are forming, which may be quick with your texture, separate them from each other. You don't need to do it right up to the scalp area, just stop a little before it. Also it is best to do this when the hair is wet.....Enjoy your new journey...Peace

thomas karadanis
@thomas-karadanis
11 years ago
3 posts

isnt dreadlocks matted hairs?

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Yep, but if it is a huge matted area, they need to be separated.....Peace

Toma Kulcha said:

isnt dreadlocks matted hairs?

kenan thomas
@kenan-thomas
11 years ago
8 posts
How should I separate them? Or should I wait for them to naturally doit itself?
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

sections will start to form on their own. You said your wool pillow is matting your hair, if you mean into one large area, then you will have to separate them into sections. If it is just causing knotting to happen, but not in one complete large area as a whole, then let them be, they are starting to knot which is dreading..Peace

kenan thomas
@kenan-thomas
11 years ago
8 posts
Okay I guess I'll just let my hair do its thing and section.. thanks for the help
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form