Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Can someone help me with this nagging problem?

Cristopher Darscel Revis
@cristopher-darscel-revis
11 years ago
6 posts

I recently started my dreads again after having to cut them when i was supposed to go to the military. I'm not using wax this time because i know it's better for my dreads if i don't and who doesn't want that, right? The only problem is that this time all of them are coming apart whenever I shower or I do strenuous activity that causes me to sweat. Is there a way to stop this from happening? Thanks in advance for the help.

updated by @cristopher-darscel-revis: 01/13/15 09:51:45PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

How old is this set? If they are younger than 8 months, they should still be coming apart. Baby locks untangle and retangle all the time. Every time you shower, sweat, sleep, etc...

What you're experiencing, is completely normal. Don't freak out about. Soon enough, they will start to retangle, and hold their shape. They'll untangle less and less. What is happening right now is that loose knots are forming. As they tighten and accumulate, they will start to mature. But as of yet, you are in the early stages. Take a look through the timeline forums and see what others went through/are going through in the beginning

Alibelly
@alibelly
11 years ago
2 posts
Hi, Cristopher. Eventually it will stop unraveling on its own, especially as your hair gains some more length. I had the same problem with the hair at my nape when I first started dreading.
Cristopher Darscel Revis
11 years ago
6 posts

Thanks this set is only a couple weeks old so I guess that makes sense lol. so should i stop twisting them back into shape after they unravel even if i'm just loosely twisting them I don't want to twist my hair out. lol....but seriously i don't.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

Definitely stop twisting. If you mean that your are actually twisting that lock in a circle, that will cause premature baldness. If you are TnRing them when they fall apart, that only resets your progress back to day 1, so they never really mature

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

don't retwist, it will only damage your hair and set you back on the journey

Alibelly
@alibelly
11 years ago
2 posts
It would probably be better to just separate them into the sections you want instead of twisting them into sections.

Cristopher Darscel Polk said:

Thanks this set is only a couple weeks old so I guess that makes sense lol. so should i stop twisting them back into shape after they unravel even if i'm just loosely twisting them I don't want to twist my hair out. lol....but seriously i don't.

Cristopher Darscel Revis
11 years ago
6 posts

Okay thanks.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form