Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Beginner

Joshua Shelly
@joshua-shelly
11 years ago
3 posts
So I have wanted dreads for awhile now. I was going to try a couple years ago and backed out last minute. That time in would have used the dread kit I purchased from dread head hq so I am glad I backed out now that I have found u. My wife is telling me that she won't mind if I have dreads as long as they look good. I want them more for a spiritual thing. I have been growing hair for almost three months now so I know I have awhile to go. My questions are as followsHow long should my hair be before I try to start any methods?What is the best way for me to get what I want as well as what my wife wants?And is there any products or techniques I should use in my journey?By the way my hair is thick wavy somewhat curly I am CaucasianThank u for all u doJAH Bless
updated by @joshua-shelly: 01/13/15 09:51:43PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

well u say you want to follow the path of rastafarari so there is only 1 way to dread..stop combing and let it happen (no no products) now this wont make your wife happy for the 1st year

it will take time to "look good' ..to the untrained eye tho..to those dreding its a beautiful process ecvery step of the way

so how understanding is she?

if the natural rasta way isnt ok then tnr

4-5-6 inches

just use a good dread soap like www.dreadlockshampoo.com

maybe sea salt

nothing else no waxes gunks goos ..nothing but time

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Curly hair dreads the best the natural way, it was mean for free form dreads....Peace

Joshua Shelly
@joshua-shelly
11 years ago
3 posts
So I will try the natural way and will see what happens. So u r saying that once it's long enough then I should start washing with the shampoo and / or sea salt and if there is any other tips and tricks it would be greatly appreciated. I just found your site today so I will continue to read through it and absorb everything I can thank u and JAH Bless
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

well the sea salts not a wash but u spray on or soak in b4 u wash it helps dry the oils and give it texture to dread

as hairs clumping togerher u will 1st see sectioning ..then knotting some sections my form too big or try to combine with other sections so u will need to seperate alot especialy early on

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form