Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Starting my natural dreadlocks. Need tips

kenan thomas
@kenan-thomas
11 years ago
8 posts

Hello. Im new here and also new to the whole dreadlock hairstyle and I was wondering how I should prepare/start my soon to become dreads. I have a few questions involving getting my afro to form the natural dreads. At the moment my afro is about 2 inches and it has multiple textures. It is very thick and straight and gets matted really easily. The problem im having currently is, when i wake up in the mornings the back of my afro gets really flat and matted and that worries me because I dont want it to mess with the formation of my dreads. Is it because my hair is too dry or short? Also i have a habit of twisting my hair with my fingers so should i stop doing this? Im trying to form the best healthiest dreads as possible so any tips/advice would help. Currently i wash my hair every week or so with regular shampoo (no conditioner) and i let it dry after drying I spray it with some salt water that i made with sea salt and water. Am i doing this soon and is this damaging my hair? What steps should i take. Thanks :D

p.s.. sorry for the long paragraph.. i have alot of questions lol

updated by @kenan-thomas: 01/13/15 09:51:38PM
kenan thomas
@kenan-thomas
11 years ago
8 posts

sorry if this is in the wrong category..

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

uewe the salt 2 hoiurs b4..not adfter washing dont use regular shampoo

they will dresd fine but u will have to seperate the back especialy

the finger twisting could go both ways

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus