Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Is it possible to seperate too much? Damaging?

Hannah Wilson
@hannah-wilson
11 years ago
10 posts

I have had my locks for about 3 months now. They are twist n rip/ backcombing method. I don't do anything to them except wash and separate. But is it possible to rip and separate too much? Will that damage my roots or dreads? I separate every few days.

updated by @hannah-wilson: 01/13/15 09:51:37PM
Kato
@kato
11 years ago
18 posts
hi hannah, i was a bit obsessed with seperating my dreads in the begining and cant help touching them all the time, because of that i ended up with loads if loose hairs at about 9 months i really noticed it because all the baby hairs had grown and would stand on end poking up around my dreads. this phase soon ended tho and the loose hairs all got sucked into the surrounding dreads. i would definatly reccomend seperating a bit less as it could also thin out the base of your dreads. but hair being hair if you leave it be it will sort it self out in time.goodluck! peace to you x kato.
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Hi Hannah, your sections will tell you when they need separating. Some of us had to to it everyday in the beginning or mats would for, many sections joined together, some can go one or two weeks. So if your sections are not trying to join together, best to just leave them alone. The ideal time to separate them is when your hair is wet.It is thicker and stronger with water in them and they can take a little bit more force if needed with minimal or no damage at all....Peace

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form