Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

HELP!! MY DREADS are not locking!!!

israel fears
@israel-fears
11 years ago
1 posts
Okay so. I went to a salon to get my dreads put in. They wanted to charge my mom 100$ for it. So my mother ask them what they were all gunna do, they said theyr were going to. twist my hair then thread or wrap the hair with wool and leave it in for a few months and then take them out and what would remain would be dreadlocks. So my mother kinda did it herself and wrapped it with wool and I have had them in for a month and half now and theyr not dreaded!!! Theyr like flat and stuck together. Help please!!!!- Israel fears
updated by @israel-fears: 01/13/15 09:51:20PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

going to a salon is the worse thing u can do

that salin had no idea what the heck they were doing

and dreads dont lock in a month

lets see what u got and what are u washing with

but thats a silly way to try to dread..

and they dared to charge hundreds ..for that>?

scam

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

since your 13 and your moms suportive have her join and talk to us and discuss options

the best way to dread is

stop combing and wait for dreads

yea that simople

but it will be a lil messy at 1st and dumb kids can be mean

the other optu=]ions tnr it gives u a jump start but they syloll got to get messy and dread on thier own

id feel better including your mom in on the discussion since shes suportive and smart enough to not pay hundreds of dollars to wrap string around your hair

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Hi Isreal...let me start off by saying it is wonderful of your mother to assist you with dreads, nice to hear as there are many out there who would not. It sounds like you have a great relationship with her. You are both lucky! I would take out the wool right away. Have you ever smelled a wet dog? Now imagine smelling a wet sheep...wool is from sheep. You should be washing your hair every 2-3 days in the first few months, and that wool will begin to have a funky odor, and not a good one, plus the wool will eventually get absorbed into your forming dreads and will probably cause future problems because of it. They may be stuck together because of the wool pieces attaching to each other. Also, sections that are forming into dreads should be separated from each other on a regular basis. Some of use only need to do it every few days, some of us daily in the beginning, but they do need to be separated or they will turn into one huge mess.

Like Soaring Eagle said, get your mom on here and he will chat with her to help you get beautiful healthy dreads. You will enjoy the journey watching what happens to your sections, it is truly amazing to see..Yes, it will be a messy look when they are maturing, but a hat or tam can be worn when you are out to help hide it if you need to, just take it off once you get home...Once mature, you will have dreads that will last you a lifetime......Peace

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form