Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Wax is evil......what to expect when I de-wax?

DreadBruja
@dreadbruja
11 years ago
44 posts

hey all! So, I'm 8 months in, and yes, I used wax not knowing it's pure evil. My hair was already pretty much dreaded when I started using it, but it still seeped in, and it's not pretty. I'm getting Wax B Gone thursday when i get paid, and I'm curious as to what I should expect after getting this crap OUT of my dreads. Some are so tight that my scalp always hurts, will they loosen up after it's gone? Will my ends dread finally? Will they be soft? Is it too late? So worried, I want them to be healthy and awesome........anyone have experience with this? Please tell me they'll be saved and beautiful! :/

updated by @dreadbruja: 01/13/15 09:51:01PM
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

I have never used wax, but I know that you can expect lightweight dreads. Dreads that will now blow with the wind. You will no longer have a scalp that hurts, no pulling, no heavy weight. I did not look how you first started your dreads. But they will probably start to loosen and loop and maybe even do some shrinkage. Then they will start to tighten up becoming the mature dreads. Your hair and head will be so happy. Always better late than never. They will be saved and they will be beautiful.....Peace

DreadBruja
@dreadbruja
11 years ago
44 posts

Some were natural dreads, some were t/r method, and I started using the wax AFTER they were already pretty much dreaded. They've still matured quite a bit, went thru the shrinkage, and have aaalllllll kinds of fun bumps and loops and zigzags and stuff. :) Thanx so much for your response! Peace!

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Best thing for your dreads. Without taking out the wax, down the road you may have gotten mold growing in them, now you won't have to worry about that. I hope you make a post and let others know how the Wax B Gone worked and how many times you needed to use it, it would sure help out others if you did....Glad you had your shrinkage already, I found that the most shocking part.....Peace

DreadBruja
@dreadbruja
11 years ago
44 posts

Yeah, it shrank quite a bit! I anticipate more when the wax is out and the hair can move around more freely(seems logical to me, lol), but it's cool! I'm definitely gonna post before and afters, and all the in betweens so others can learn from it as well! I didn't know it was still in there, but when I started doing acv rinses as well as bs rinses, it started to surface and i actually thought it WAS mold, talk about freaked out!! When I realized it was the wax, I started doing more research, and everything brought me to this site, so i joined! :) This site has helped my journey so much, and I look forward to experiencing and sharing the REAL progress after my hair is free of this yuck!

the Barrellady said:

Best thing for your dreads. Without taking out the wax, down the road you may have gotten mold growing in them, now you won't have to worry about that. I hope you make a post and let others know how the Wax B Gone worked and how many times you needed to use it, it would sure help out others if you did....Glad you had your shrinkage already, I found that the most shocking part.....Peace

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

expect an imediate improvenment expect a sink full of nastiness

and expect to fall in love with them all over again

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
DreadBruja
@dreadbruja
11 years ago
44 posts