Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

12 months crochet to natural timeline :)

Harriet
@harriet
11 years ago
57 posts

Hi everyone!!! seen as though today is a very important day and I'm really excited i decided to do a timeline of my hair!! I started a year ago today with crochet dreadlocks and i had them for 1 month before combing them out (apart from 10) and starting a natural/neglect journey. I only crocheted my hair once which was the day i made them and the day after thankfully i found this site which made me throw away the crochet hook and eventually comb out most of crochet ones and start again. I did have a lot of problems with my hair e.g washing/separating at first but with the help of this site i got past all of that and stuck with them and I'm so glad i did because i love them so much and couldn't be any happier!! I know its not really a year today because i did comb them out after a month and start again but i do have 10 of my crochet dread still in so its their year birthday today and it also marks the day i decided to dread my hair and start this journey if that makes sense :) Annnnywayyy here is my timeline :)

The day after crocheting my hair:

1 month after combing out and starting again (you can tell which ones are the crochet ones if not there mainly the ones at the bottom with the beads on):

2 months:

3 months:

4 months (dyed the ends of them pink):

7 months (in this one i decided to comb out 2 more crochet dreadlocks at the bottom of my head also was having trouble properly separating them as you can tell from the huge mess):

8 months(managed to sort out the huge mess on the side of my head):

9 months:

10 months:

11 months:

12 months taken today:

I cant believe how much they have changed and I'm so happy with them!! During the 4-7 month mark i was having huge problems and just really hated them and did want to comb them all out a few times but im so glad i stuck it out. During the last 3 months as they have started to knot up a lot more and my bangs have started to knot up and the front of my hair adding an extra 3 dreads to my hair. i still have a lot of loose hair but that doesn't bother me at all. I also have 4 congos which i wasn't happy about at first and i separated them alot but each time they would end up back together so i eventually gave in and i now love them! I do NOTHING with my hair and i Havnt since i started all i do is i wash 2-3 times a week with either the baking soda wash or the deadlock nag champa shampoo and i separate. I did separate after every wash but in the past 2 months i found that i don't need to as much so now i only separate once a week and that is it i do nothing else :)

I cant wait to see what this next year brings :)!!!

Thanks everyone so much for you help and i hope everybody else's journey is full of love and happiness :)

updated by @harriet: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
christina bird
@c-bird
11 years ago
54 posts

prettyyyyyyyyyy !! i love them

Pete
@pete
11 years ago
67 posts

Looking good !

Joseph Ruggia
@joseph-ruggia
11 years ago
2 posts
Glad you decided to brush out most of the crocheted dreads. Looks good!
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Happy Dreadaversary to your journey! The year is the hardest to get through, but you did it. Now your locks will tighten up more and before you know it, you will wake up with mature dreads! Glad you found this site too so that you now have the healthy dreads you always wanted that will last you a lifetime...Dread on Harriet...Peace

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form