Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Thickness, Curly Tips, Receding Hairline?

Josh Green
@josh-green
11 years ago
2 posts

I have been growing my dreadlocks for Three years (started around december 24th 2011 i believe) I didn't use any methods to start them off, just stopped combing. I don't use any products on my dreads apart from when i wash them with bicarb/essential oils or a dreadlock shampoo.

Okay! my questions are:

How can i make them thicker? If i put them in beads/hairwraps etc will they eventually form into one dread? i have a few beads in their and an elastic band until i can find another bead. I want them to be a lot thicker than they are right now.

As you can see from the photo's the tips of my dreads are very curly, i'm not too fond of this and would prefer it if the tips were blunt or at least straight, is there any way i would be able to blunt/straighten the tips without causing harm to my dreads? will the blunt on their own with time? it has been 3 years already and some seem to have blunted but most are still very curly.

Is my hairline receding?! i've always had quite a large forehead and a 'weak spot'?(even before dreads) of hair on the left side but am curious now as to if dreadlocks are making my hairline recede? i don't tend to pull on them at all i only tie them back for showers or when its really needed, however i do wear a beanie hat pretty much all the time...

More pictures available if needed...

ANY help would be very much appreciated, and i would like to thank you all in advanced!

Much Love

updated by @josh-green: 01/13/15 09:49:19PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

no yoir hairs not thinning

take the ry=ubber band out!

leave the tips alone

if u dont seperate they congo

just take out the bands

uy shouldnt worry bout thicker dreads fat dreads are a pain

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

You have healthy looking dreads. Thicker dreads take sooo long to dry.

Josh Green
@josh-green
11 years ago
2 posts

not too tick, but so i have like 13 dreads or something instead of so many small ones but thanks for the help!
soaring eagle said:

no yoir hairs not thinning

take the ry=ubber band out!

leave the tips alone

if u dont seperate they congo

just take out the bands

uy shouldnt worry bout thicker dreads fat dreads are a pain

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

You want to have 13 dreads? Fat dreads look awesome, too bad they take so long to dry. If that is what you want, then you can wrap a few in the same area together with hemp or embroidery thread. Eventually the loose hairs will grab onto the other dreads. Not sure how long it would take for them to do that though. You can also use a large bead. I would put one in the middle of lock and at the end of lock to keep them together until they take. You will have to allow yourself way more drying time for fatties and be prepared for tension on the scalp at times.

peace

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form