Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My Neglect Timeline (9 Months update)

mortaskuld
@mortaskuld
11 years ago
27 posts

first pics were taken on 3/15/13. 1 day after no combing. I will update every few weeks or so.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9 months.. slow progress but im feeling it knot up a lot more recently.

updated by @mortaskuld: 02/14/15 07:19:29AM
Cole Morton
@cole-morton
11 years ago
109 posts

happy dreading friend, keep them clean and seperated!!!!

mortaskuld
@mortaskuld
11 years ago
27 posts

Well its been little over 3 months. I have not brushed or combed my hair at all, but so far my hair looks exactly the same (little longer maybe). I am also having dry scalp but I'm working on a few things to fix that. I've tried the baking soda quite a bit, and it seems to work, but a few hours after shower the dryness comes back. I am taking fish oil now as I have heard that helps. We'll see...

I still have that dreadhead kit i bought before I found this website. once in a while i get the urge to backcomb a little, but it passes. I'll just have to wait and see what happens in the next 3 months.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

are u using the acv

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
mortaskuld
@mortaskuld
11 years ago
27 posts

I am. The first time i think i used too much because my hair felt very silky and smooth which i did not like. I think it could be psoriasis but im not 100% it does get red and very dry in spots.

I am using the acv though. just trying to figure out the right amount without using too much again.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

u could try the lockin up liquid from dreadlockshampoo i bet your scalp will like it the pink sea salt too u saw robbins improvement after a week of using it in fact u saw a diference after 1 use

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
mortaskuld
@mortaskuld
11 years ago
27 posts

i actually bought the liquid and a solid bar, as well as the sea salt spray. i used to use the sea salt every day and keep it on, but i thought i read somewhere on here not to do that. so ive been using it on days i shampoo and keep it in for an hour or so before i shampoo. is that the right way to use it?

i usually switch up using the liquid and the baking soda, but i think the liquid is working a little better for me.

Ojas Acharya
@ojas-acharya
11 years ago
172 posts

lookin at ur pics i think they'll need more time with the neglect method but it will be fine. ur hair is quite straight and also a bit shorter to dread for ur hair type. more length will surely help i believe. good luck bro.

mortaskuld
@mortaskuld
11 years ago
27 posts

thanks for the tips. i really appreciate it. ill try sticking with just the liquid for a while and see what happens. ill also try to keep the pink salt spray in longer. ill probably take some pics soon and put em up just for the timeline progress.

mortaskuld
@mortaskuld
11 years ago
27 posts

bad pics i know. just and update though. hair as of 7/1/2013

i dont know how to edit the first post

updated by @mortaskuld: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form