Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Loose roots and pain in the morning

Stuart Fuller Howland
@stuart-fuller-howland
11 years ago
2 posts
Curious if my dreads are fucked up, some seem large for how small the roots are.... When I wake up and when I tie it back, there is some pain... Nothing unbearable, was curious if something was going wrong or if it is normal.I also wondered if I will have to rip and separate daily until all my hair dreads or if I can keep a mix of hair and dreads without the hair always getting tangled in the dreads?Any help is greatly appreciated ....
updated by @stuart-fuller-howland: 01/13/15 09:49:11PM
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Hey there Stuart. If you think that your hair needs separating daily, then do it. Some only have to do it once a week. The root size, where the section meets the scalp, will determine the size of your mature dreads. It is recommended not to be over 1 inch, anything larger will take longer to dry and put stress on the roots. Some do want large dreads, they just take more care. As the sections are on their journey, they shrink, loop, etc and fatten up during this process. Sometimes they are fatter than the root area because they are all loopy, but as time goes on they will tighten and become mature dreads. Are any of your sections joining together? This may be the cause of some pain. Hair from another area may be joining in also, so they are being pulled and causing pain. Go through and separate each and every section to see if this is the problem. Your tossing and turning in your sleep may be causing hairs to join in other areas, so maybe you need to separate first thing in the mornings. Give that a try and see if it helps.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

if 1 is pulling unevenly it hurts

theloose roots are normal they feel thinner cause less firm

the seperating can vary iu probly dont need to more then weekly but some do need it more

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Stuart Fuller Howland
@stuart-fuller-howland
11 years ago
2 posts
Thank you barrellady for the very informative answer and soaring eagle for reassuring me that I am on the right path :)I use a mix of coconut oil, wild Greek oregano oil and tea tree..... Maybe not often enough, that may be another factor.Much appreciated for the knowledge!Namo Amitofo!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form