Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Trying to start a festival.

Bluford
@bluford
15 years ago
4 posts
Hey all,My parents have a ton of land, and I've been trying to find information on starting a festival; as in what type of permits I will need etc.. The neighbors aren't really a concern, however, I'd like to throw a two day festival with live music and all the little amenities.. just tryin' to figure out where to start.. does anyone have a clue? I won't be selling anything, or charging people to come, it's just like a giant two day party.. any help would be greatly appreciated.
updated by @bluford: 02/14/15 11:24:31AM
hippie mama
@hippie-mama
15 years ago
154 posts
you could try by asking zoning or your city building what all u would need. you would probably need some money to pay for the permits and the music unless you know a bunch of bands or something but it would be totally worth it. the best place i could think of starting would be zoning or maybe even the fire marshall cuz u dont want them coming to shut u down while it just first started ya know. that would suck. there may be a certain amount of ppl u can have to but im not really sure. sounds pretty sweet man and i hope u the best of luck with it.
Bluford
@bluford
15 years ago
4 posts
thanks, I'll start there. The local scene around here is pretty dense, and my band plays with a ton of other great jam-bands who say they're willing to donate some time; so we've got plenty of music to go around haha.. I am expecting the permits to cost a pretty good penny though.Thanks for the suggestion and well wishes, Jah bless.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
permits and...insurance.. your looking at 50,000 or more at a guessplus you gotta provide porta potties i believe emergency services (emt on the scene).etc (security? im not sure)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Bluford
@bluford
15 years ago
4 posts
Yeah, Insurance has been my worry from the beginning. As far as port-o-pots, I've got a buddy who works with them and he's gonna hook that up. I've been looking into throwin' this festival for the last couple years, and recently got off my high horse to start workin on it.. There are loop-holes for some things.. you just gotta look way to hard to find them.I don't want to make it huge, just like a two day backyard bash (Like 200-300 head) make it byob.. I'm not charging for anything, so I'm basically throwing a giant party inviting everyone who wants to come, and looking for ways around having the cops show up and start rackin' me with charges.. The cool thing is, the house is pretty secluded out in the country, and it's out of town limits.. which means I'd probably be dealing with the state..So the real question is.. Do I take my chances and act first and ask permission later, or have a bunch of people tell me it's going to cost more money then I'll make in my lifetime.. In which case I'll probably just do it anyway and see what happens haha..Thanks for the input guys.. I'm just sick of sittin' around waitin' for the answers, I'm no lawyer.. only human.One love. Namaste.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
call the philly rainbow lightline 215-701-7233 leave a message for spauk (spock) tell him you really want to contact chuck who puts on chuckstock at the sunflower farm.. chuck does a 3 day fest every year, 24 hour music..for freeif anyone would know how to go about it it would be chuckpossibly if theres no charge for anything the rules are different

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
we thought about doing something simular here at our cabin...but havent really looked into it much...simular situation though..secluded hidden wooded property (bad lack of parking tho) outside town limmits..just a few neighbours

--
hippie mama
@hippie-mama
15 years ago
154 posts
in a sunflower farm that would be beautiful. soaringeagle said:
call the philly rainbow lightline 215-701-7233 leave a message for spauk (spock) tell him you really want to contact chuck who puts on chuckstock at the sunflower farm.. chuck does a 3 day fest every year, 24 hour music..for free
if anyone would know how to go about it it would be chuck

possibly if theres no charge for anything the rules are different
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
it is...and right across from an ammish farm..theres a rainbow kitcen there toobut theres too many drunk redneck locals for my tastes..still its fun and worthh going to Kim hippie mama said:
in a sunflower farm that would be beautiful.

soaringeagle said:
call the philly rainbow lightline 215-701-7233 leave a message for spauk (spock) tell him you really want to contact chuck who puts on chuckstock at the sunflower farm.. chuck does a 3 day fest every year, 24 hour music..for free
if anyone would know how to go about it it would be chuck

possibly if theres no charge for anything the rules are different

--
Dustan Snow
@dustan-snow
15 years ago
8 posts
Dont know if this is any help but if you need some bands my band would love to play it!!! Have a happy new year
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form