Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

6 months in after backcomb and first wax...

Kyle Anderson2
@kyle-anderson2
11 years ago
2 posts

So I bought into the dreadlock kit bull and ended up buying one from dreadheadhq. We sectioned off the hair with bands, and then backcombed them until my head was full of backcombed dreads. At that point, I applied the "first application" of the provided wax, and went along my way. That evening, I read up on it for whatever reason and was appalled to see that kits are just a bunch of scams and that natural is the way to go.

From there, I went and tried to wash as much of the fresh wax out of the backcombed dreads as I could, and continued this for about a week until I didn't see any more coming out. I now know that wax isn't water soluble, and there's probably still wax in some of them as of today.

Last week marked the 6th month of the process after completely stopping any "maintenance". All I do is wash 2-3 times a week with either the shampoo that came with the kit, a natural and organic shampoo I picked up at the health food store, or a combination of BS and the kit's shampoo. If I were to turn my head to the side, you'd see that there are tons of sectioned hair, but none of them really are "dreaded" so to speak. All of them have somewhat of a form but no actual dreading has occurred except in maybe a 3rd of them, and I can't even be sure if that's just the wax or actual progress at this point. They aren't the same thickness as when we first backcombed, and I know that the hair fell out of the backcombing and resectioned itself in a few spots. There are still sections of hair where nothing really has occurred.

Should I invest in some "Wax-b-gone" or the like and try and fix this? What are my options from here? I've been trying to keep it as natural as possible, but I'd hate to hear that I just need to comb out or whatever and start over. I'm in highschool and it's been bad enough dealing with how crappy they look as of now. I was thinking that I should invest in the wax be gone, try to rid any dreads that I think have wax of their wax, and continue maintaining it as I have? Please help me out!

updated by @kyle-anderson2: 01/13/15 09:47:50PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

yea while yoir at it get the pink sea salt spray and the lockin up liquid or bar whichever u feel better with

if u havent already add yoir review here http://www.dreadlockssite.com/page/dreadheadhq-and-knotty-boy-bad

now use the wax b gone a couple times or so depending if u notice a significant diference after 1 use that means there was a good bit still in there so use several more times if its a slight diferesce a few more times to be extra sure

then start using the pink sea salt spray..it works amazingly well

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kyle Anderson2
@kyle-anderson2
11 years ago
2 posts

Ok. I'll make sure to add my review tomorrow afternoon. I'll order the wax be gone this week and get started on that as well. Thanks so much for the quick reply, this stuff has been bugging me for a while now.

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Your dreads will feel so much lighter once the wax is removed. They will move differently also, more freedom

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form