Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

How many drops of tea/rose/pepper?

«arrows_of_the_rainbow☼
@arrows-of-the-rainbow
11 years ago
75 posts

I just received my tea tree, rosemary, & peppermint oils. I saw other threads on bs/acv but not much more than a post or two on the amount of drops and want to get more opinions.

so how many drops would you recommend for bs/acv?do you use the same amount of oils in both the bs and acv wash?

I was gonna go with 1 tablespoon of bs per cup of water. How much acv per cup of water do you recommend? I'm gonna be using a gallon-sized pitcher & I'm only 1 month into dreading. Thanks!

updated by @arrows-of-the-rainbow: 01/13/15 09:47:22PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

he ratio of bs to water is 1-10

so 1/10th of a gallon

theres 16 cups in a galon so roughly slightly over 1 1/2 cups

now teateree and peppermint u should use a lil less rosemary more in a gallon 10 drops tt and pp 30 drops rm

acgv in agallon 2 tablespoons when young 1 1/2 cups when mature

the pils only need to be used in bs or acv not both but can be used in both..same ammounts

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
melanie rose
@melanie-rose
11 years ago
177 posts
A spray bottle with the oils and water is a great option, too :] then you can use it whenever. I've got the peppermint and tea tree, they work wonders and smell awesome. Good luck brother.
«arrows_of_the_rainbow☼
@arrows-of-the-rainbow
11 years ago
75 posts

I think I'm gonna try the spray bottle option out for using the oils. I really liked the bs/acv wash but won't be doing it often since it's a bit more time consuming than using my bucks bars

what would be a good ratio of water to essential oils for a spray bottle mixture? (I have peppermint, tea tree, & rosemary)

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

For the baking soda wash, I use an empty orange juice bottle which has a large opening & is smaller than a gallon. I fill it with 5 cups of water 1/2 cup of baking soda. I only use about 10 drops of essential oil in the baking soda, some people use up to 30 drops, I want my oils to last longer. I use the same jug after rinsing it well and use 1-2 capfuls of Apple Cider Vinegar to 5 cups water and leave on for only a minute.

All hair is different, so try 20-30 drops in a spray bottle with water & see how that works, You can adjust however your dreads need it.

Peace

«arrows_of_the_rainbow☼
@arrows-of-the-rainbow
11 years ago
75 posts

ok I'm going to try that out

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form