Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Howdy from Tennessee

Redheaded Cupcake
@redheaded-cupcake
11 years ago
3 posts

Hi all, I'm a lurker. I have read plenty of things people have to say about dreads and gotten lots on helpful information from this site so I decided to register.

My name is Katie or Kat, I am 24 years old and I have been working on dreads for the last 3 months.

My grandmother passed away on November 20th 2012 and when I got back I decided to dread them. My grandmother was better than my mother, she helped raise me. I had very long red hair and she loved it, I don't think she would have been upset if I dreaded my hair, but after she passed away I decided that since I've wanted dreads for 3+ years but never did it, I took the plunge.

I moved from Phoenix to Knoxville, TN. I go to The University of Tennessee and I am an Animal Science student, I eventually want to be a vet.

As for dreads, I back combed them and I wash them 2 or 3 times a week. My fiance separates them and palm rolls them.

updated by @redheaded-cupcake: 01/13/15 09:47:03PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

welcome but dont bother palm rolling it does nothing at all but if u do it alot can cause alot of permenant harm

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Redheaded Cupcake
@redheaded-cupcake
11 years ago
3 posts

Yeah, I don't really palm roll them all that often. I did at first but I'm lazy and it's too much for me.

I've seen some of the comments you've posted in discussions and I have gotten quite a chuckle out of them.

taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

Welcome to the site and welcome to East Tennessee :) I live in Johnson City which is pretty close to K town.

OliviaJonas Aley
@oliviajonas-aley
11 years ago
30 posts

Greetings! First and foremost, So sorry to hear about your Grandmother's passing last November. It's amazing how those moments of loss can be pivotal for our new walk without our loved ones in our lives.

My mom passed away June 20, 2012, and I really felt a tug to finally take the plunge into dreadhood as well. I have been wanting them for years, just never really thought I could pull them off. November 20 is also my dreadlock start date! Happy 3 month to you!

Each day is a new gift!

Olivia

Laura Earle
@laura-earle
11 years ago
233 posts

Welcome to the site and to the natural journey! Sorry to hear about your loss -- hopefully we can provide you with some good advice, virtual companionship, and whatnot. :)

Redheaded Cupcake
@redheaded-cupcake
11 years ago
3 posts

Thank you both for the support. I appreciate it.

Sheena miller
@sheena-miller
11 years ago
1 posts
I am just wondering of you could give some helpful advice in starting. I have never had dreads and would live to start the process but no one here in good ole TN knows anything.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

well youir in luck we know everything about the process start by reading the dreaducation page

dreading is real simple

just stop preventing dreads and dreads happen

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

lol I live in Tennessee and I know quite a bit about dreads. So it is not quite true that "no one here in good ole TN knows anything.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form