Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Extremely dry, itchy scalp!

MoorZ
@moorz
11 years ago
46 posts

Alright so today I've had the WORST scalp issue. Mainly where my bangs are. I've been itching frantically cause I just cannot help it. After I itch I notice this insane amount of dry skin/chalky residue like substance on my fingers and headwear. I wasnt too sure what to do about since I just washed yesterday with the dreadlock shampoo. So I put some peppermint, tea tree, and lavendar oils in some water and rinsed my scalp but left the oils in. So far my head feels orgasmic and I'm not itching but who knows how it'll feel when it's dry. Was this a good idea or should I try a different approach? Lemme know friends!

updated by @moorz: 01/13/15 09:46:42PM
Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

That is basically what happened to me, I also use DLS, I didnt have chalky, just flaky and some raised bumpy flaky, I clearly dont know what to call it. I did the same thing it helped in the same way. What I do now, is do oil rinses once or twice a week in between wash days in the same way you did. I found if I do an oil rinse on dry hair it does not wet the hair too much just the scalp, pour it over slowly. At the moment I use jojoba, rosemary and peppermint or jojoba and sandalwood. My scalp is now normal, it is soooo good to have no itchy.

be blessed and peaceful

Kelsey Cliche!
@kelsey-cliche
11 years ago
122 posts
Could you be reacting to something in the shampoo? Hopefully the oil helps!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form