Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

When Did People Start Using Combs???

Nolan Plank
@nolan-plank
11 years ago
66 posts
Hey all! O.K. so lately I've been wondering this: When did humans first begin combing/brushing their hair? I think we all tend to think of our paleolithic ancestors as having "natty" 'locs, but does anyone know this for sure? Surely they could brush their hair with fiberous plants, or comb their hair with bone/their fingers? Perhaps they had no need to because no one cared what their hair looked like?Any Ideas?
updated by @nolan-plank: 01/13/15 09:45:33PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

combs made from turtle shells were first found in ancient egypt what dynasty i dont l]know but at the same tu=ime dreads were common amongst the nible class and even dread wigs

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Nolan Plank
@nolan-plank
11 years ago
66 posts

Hmmmm well thats safely either in or after the Neolithic. Anything earlier then the Egyptians?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

nope

--
Nolan Plank
@nolan-plank
11 years ago
66 posts

No they didn't have combs or no evidence of combs? haha sorry

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

the earliest known use of combes i should say

--
Nolan Plank
@nolan-plank
11 years ago
66 posts

Oh haha makes sense then. A highly agricultural civilization means near complete control and domestication of the land, so it would make sense that that would transfer to hair style. Except the nobility had dreads. Interesting. Maybe they were trying to make up for the loss of their distant ancestors life-ways.

Or hey maybe it just looked groovy to them hahaha.

Nolan Plank
@nolan-plank
11 years ago
66 posts

Some people Archeologists don't even consider Homo Erectus and Homo sapien as a different group anymore, so that could push that timeframe back even further.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form