Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

baby dreads remove wax

ThatGuyMike
@thatguymike
11 years ago
5 posts
Hey everyone.I got my hair done yesterday with the twist and rip. The stylist used wax, forgot to look and see what it was.Now knowing how detrimental the wax can be down the line, is there a way to wash the wax out. While keeping the twists together? Don't want the $50 I payed to be a total waste.I was thinking of doing a wash with a stocking cap on..using a cleansing mixture.Thanks
updated by @thatguymike: 01/13/15 09:45:32PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

dont use a stocking cap were they twists or twist n rip

use the wax b gone the 50 u paid was a waste u should have never gone near a salon but coulda been worse some paid 800 and were screwed even worse

step 1 soak in vinager squeeze out all uyu can step 2 scrub with very very hot water and lots of dawn dish soap then use wax b gone

really tho since they are under a mi[onth your best bets starting over id also demand a refund any salon that uses wax should never make a cent

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Supa Dread
@supa-dread
11 years ago
100 posts
Yea the 50 was a waste homie sorry to tell u. With t n tge dreads will fall apart then theyll tighten up again in te but its a process. Wax just makes it look likr u got dreads but u dont. Dreads need freedom to move, the friction cause the locks to form, wax prevents that. I was in the samw boat, had wax in for 5 months n i took me 4-5 applications of wax be gone from dreadlockshampoo.com. if u got the patience to let them do their thing then stick wit it, if not, thay wax is gonna keep moisture in n evemtually cause rot, n belieeeeve me u dont want that. Best of luck, bless.
Supa Dread
@supa-dread
11 years ago
100 posts
I meant to say t and r not t and g
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Sorry to hear they used wax, nothing should ever be added. Words of wisdom, wax, gels, lotions etc., even when used once, will attract dirt, lint and stuff into the center of the dread. They will also trap water droplets and cause mold and smells. Please never cover your hair in the shower, scalp gunk, dandruff and dirt need to be washed out of your dreads. Let them be free, wiggle them around in the shower and watch the droplets fall off. Wash hair every 2-3 times a week in the beginning, read the dreaducation page at the top of the site for cool tips on hair care.Lucky you found this site and can start ya new beginning of healthy dreads that will last a lifetime. Lesson: $50 Dreads: $ priceless

ThatGuyMike
@thatguymike
11 years ago
5 posts

thanks everyone. im gonna try and wash them gently.

ThatGuyMike
@thatguymike
11 years ago
5 posts
I washed them thoroughly and I got to say they feel so much better and natural than when the wax was in.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

id keep doing it once wont get it all out

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
melanie rose
@melanie-rose
11 years ago
177 posts
Dreads should be free brother. Ah well, live and learn. Good luck getting that nasty gunk shit out!
ThatGuyMike
@thatguymike
11 years ago
5 posts
I actually washed it today..and do plan on washing it more to get it out. They feel 100x better than they did yesterday. Only issue is its looking a bit crazy up there (3-4 inches of hair) lol. Is there ways to have a "clean" look without wax?
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form