Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Products

Nappy Jones
@nappy-jones
11 years ago
8 posts

Alright so ive had my dreads for 16 months and they are pretty mature... What is the best product to be washing my dreads with? Is it ok to use conditioner or should i just stick to shampoo? As of right no i wash my hair 2/3 times a week with the shampoo from dreadhq, it seems to do good but i could be wrong

updated by @nappy-jones: 01/13/15 09:44:22PM
Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

I use and recommend dreadlockshampoo.com. I think its the best shampoo around, I use the nag champa scent, which I call nag champoo (sorry, silly joke). They are the best.

Dreadhq are scams, I would avoid them, I don't know how good their shampoo is, but I would avoid them because of the lies they spread about dreads just to make money.

Dreadlockshampoo.com shampoo bars are awesome, really ethical, perfect for dreads, and Vicki is very helpful. I won't use anything else.

peace and blessings

Mons
@mons
11 years ago
518 posts
The knotty boy and dreadheadhq shampoos are highly toxic and should only be used a couple times a year, if at all.Like Tim said, dreadlockshampoo.com stuff is the shit. They all smell awesome, leave your dreadies amazingly clean, leave no residues, work with hard water, the list goes on.Baking soda wash with apple cider vinegar rinse is amazing as well. You can add essential oils according to your needs/wants. A little extra attention to rinsin is needed I you have hard water tho.
Kelly3
@kelly3
11 years ago
333 posts

Not only is it toxic, but it causes dry hair and dandruff in many people. I happen to be one. There are other methods of washing, such as the BS/ACV rinses (search function it). It's a little bit of effort, but I have been using it for months. Had I the money, I would buy the products that the others suggested.

taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

I use the dreadlockshampoo.com bars. I really like the dragons blood scent, but all of them smell wonderful. I rotate washing with that and Kiss my Face brand "whenever" shampoo. It does not have harmful ingredients and it is residue free, Whenever shampoo has a citrus scent. I like it. In the summer I will do the BS and ACV a couple of times for real deep cleansing.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

as they said dreadlockshampoo.com is best by far

dreadheadhq shampoo isnt a dread shampoo at all lil history

jonny is an idiot a dropout and a scam artist (or he calls it marketer but its still a scam)

jonnys daddy runs a cosmetics company

he had made a cat ear hair remover (lock peppa) and a hunting shampoo the hunting shampoo is extreme;y toxic causes dandruff psoriasis hair lposs andcancer but its only meant to be used when u go hunting it removes all scent so they cant smell u coming to kill them

its made to help you murder animals

dreadlockshampoo obn the other hands vegan never tested on animals every ingredeints pure and researched to find the most ethical sources (palm oil usualy comes from slave labour but she makes shure her sources dont)

i wouldnt use a thing from dreadheadhq..ever i wouldnt even buy a bead from them..nothing

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

Vicki doesn't use any palm oil, at least not in the dreads soap, and my guess is she wouldn't use it at all.

soaring eagle said:

dreadlockshampoo obn the other hands vegan never tested on animals every ingredeints pure and researched to find the most ethical sources (palm oil usualy comes from slave labour but she makes shure her sources dont)

i wouldnt use a thing from dreadheadhq..ever i wouldnt even buy a bead from them..nothing

Nappy Jones
@nappy-jones
11 years ago
8 posts

ahhhhh jeeze well havent i just been messin up with everything haha, like i said before i love this website and i greatly appreciate everything, I've learned so much just from these discussions!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form