Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Self blunting tips

Anna3
@anna3
11 years ago
70 posts

I have pretty curly hair and it seems that quite a few of my locks are trying to blunt themselves. At least that's what it looks like. I'm only about 2 1/2 months into the process so there is still a bit of wispy hair at the end but im pretty sure that will get sucked up into the loc. I've read that blunted tips can be bad for dreads because it prevents water from escaping them. Should I do anything to prevent this or just let them be? I haven't done anything so far to stop them. I'll post some pictures of a few I'm concerned about

updated by @anna3: 02/14/15 08:46:34AM
taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

98% of my tips are blunted. Mine dry just fine. I like the look of whispy tips but my dreads wanted to do their own thing and blunt. I have a ton of babies from new growth and almost all of them are blunted too. Don't worry about it :) After I wash i bend over and rub my head with a towel. Then I start at the bottom and squeeze my hair with the towel and go all the way up. I wrap the towel around my head for about 10 minutes. I have lots of friends with dreads.. It does not take any longer for mine to dry than it does theirs. Just make sure not to put your hair up, put a cap on or go to sleep with wet hair. That can cause mold and that musty smell.

Anna3
@anna3
11 years ago
70 posts

Thank you! That's good to hear, I just didn't want to get dread rot or anything of that nature. :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

its not like blunted tips are a disaster you must avoid at all costs its just not preferable cause once mature they do dry alot slower so forced bluntings not really prefferable

chances are if u unblunt em now in another 2 months they will blunt again

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Anna3
@anna3
11 years ago
70 posts

Well I'll just spend more time on drying them, then :)

taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

Something that a lot of people don't think about is...wet hair is more fragile. So remember squeeze the water out but don't twist it while you are doing it. :) sorry, it was just an after thought.

Anna3
@anna3
11 years ago
70 posts

noted! :)

taye said:

Something that a lot of people don't think about is...wet hair is more fragile. So remember squeeze the water out but don't twist it while you are doing it. :) sorry, it was just an after thought.

taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

If i lifted an elephant with my dreads.....it would pull all my hair out by the roots. My hair gets pulled a lot. Dreads can take a lot of abuse.But I want mine to last a life time. Wringing wet hair does not help blood circulate on your scalp. Massaging the scalp will do that. Wet hair is more fragile than dry hair. That is why it is easier to separate dreads when wet. Wringing wet hair can put unneeded stress on hair that can cause some breakage. Why do it when squeezing is just as effective?

Castaway J
@castaway-j
11 years ago
585 posts

i dont understand this twisting or wrapping with a towel :) just get a fan, five minutes in front of it drip dry cuts dry time to nearly a third.

taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

standing upside down gets more circulation to your scalp.

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form