dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Floral water and residue

Charlie Lodge
@charlie-lodge
11 years ago
4 posts

Hi there!

I've been doing research on residue free (or minimal residue) soaps and shampoo and the mass consensus seems that if the soap doesn't have a smell or oily/soft texture after then its good for them and doesn't have anything to build up. Most of the products and methods of cleansing i have seen leave no fragrance but i have to say it is nice sometimes to get a waft of something other than hair from my head.

I was wondering if any one uses floral water (made by soaking essential oils in water for a few weeks then scooping the oil of to leave frangrance water, or the shop bought stuff) on their dreads, either in the cleansing process or ass an occasional addition? would this be a bad thing to do? the residues seem like they would be almost none existent or minimal but also smell nice. Any thoughts?

updated by @charlie-lodge: 01/13/15 09:43:04PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

1st off scent is not residue to smell scent it must be airborn residue clings to dreads like wax scent evaporates into the air

case in pou[9nt dreadjpheadhq soap has no residue but its highly toxic garbafg0ge (its a hunters shampoo resold as a dread soap)

it causes dandruff psoriasis dermatitis..cancer..and hair loss

no good for dreds at all

these www.dreadlockshampoo.com are absolutely the best f9or dreads and smell like heaven

no residue at all

now your floral water essential oils youd have to use a bottle at a time to cause builduop..straight

u dont gotta scoop off theoils they are medicinal leave em in u can ad essential oils to your wash as long as u dont use a tion..a few drops is all u need

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Charlie Lodge
@charlie-lodge
11 years ago
4 posts

Cheers! A lot of the information on the internet, particularly some peoples posts in other forums can be quite confusing. i will give the DreadlocksShampoo a look! this is happy news. i've made floral waters before for perfumesbut i guess i could tailor some of them more to being good for the skin rather than just purfume blends too! :):)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

i measnt dhhq has no scent oops

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

well fragrance oils and essential oils are different and some fragrance or aromatherapy oils get mislabled as essential oils in featured discussions theres 1 called buying essential oils thats very hekpful

Charlie Lodge said:

Cheers! A lot of the information on the internet, particularly some peoples posts in other forums can be quite confusing. i will give the DreadlocksShampoo a look! this is happy news. i've made floral waters before for perfumesbut i guess i could tailor some of them more to being good for the skin rather than just purfume blends too! :):)

--
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

It is way better to mix your oils in big batches and leave them to mix for as long as you can. It brings out the best scents rather than mixing and using right away.

But like Eagle said, No scent doesn't mean no residue. There are plenty of ingredients in soaps and shampoo's that leave residue. Not just those that add scents.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form