Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

First BS/ACV wash

DiLl0nKeNt
@dill0nkent
11 years ago
9 posts
Doing my first wash today after I pick up my supplies. Just wanted to make sure everything I'm doing is right.1/3 cup of baking soda - 1 gallon of waterPour over entire head slowlyRinseapple Cider vinegarPour over entire headRinseFeel free to give me advice or your own ingredients. All are welcome.I don't want a lot of oils or anything that will make me lose color in my hair like I have seen over time in some darker hair colors.Thanks again guys and gals
updated by @dill0nkent: 01/13/15 09:43:03PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

its not the oils but tye baki9ng soda that removes color from color treated hair

1/2 cup bs to 5 cups water

the acg you want a capfull or 2 to 5 cups warer

acv rinse right away dont soak (till mature)

baking soda soak 10 min b4 rinsing

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
DiLl0nKeNt
@dill0nkent
11 years ago
9 posts
Thanks again man. You r a big help
DiLl0nKeNt
@dill0nkent
11 years ago
9 posts
So my first wash feels successful. Used the half cup bs to five cups water and added some rosemary. Left 10 min. Rinsed, then 2 caps acv to five cups water. Rinsed immediately. Then added five drops lemon juice, 2 drops rosemary oil and 1 drop peppermint oil mixed with five cups and left in to dry. Scalp has tingle feeling and smells marvelous.I plan on doing these washes twice a week and maybe a cold watOr rinse or two in between.Hair only takes about thirty to forty min to dry and is starting to get more frizz poppin up as it dries so I still have faith that I wills have dreads in the future.But then again. It's only been a week lolThanks for everyone's help.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

dont use lemi[on juice especialy not left in it seeps into the inner layer and breaks it di=own from the inside

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
DiLl0nKeNt
@dill0nkent
11 years ago
9 posts
Ok back to another rinse then lol
Mons
@mons
11 years ago
518 posts
You can use a bit more oils too if you want. Especially if you start having itchy flakey issues.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form