Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dread Tips Conditioning for African-Textured Hair

Eddy St. King
@eddy-st-king
11 years ago
50 posts

My relatives gave me some great tips (no pun intended) for conditioning your tips to make sure they don't get too out of control as curly hair tends to do even during the dreading process. all i do is go around my head with about a pea sized amount of 100% pure african shea butter it's yellow it can be found at a local beauty store i'm sure. Anyways you get a little bit on your pointer finger work it between your pointer and your thumb so it's not mushy and greasy on your skin. Once you see your fingertips kinda shiny then you can twist the butter onto the ends of your dread tips and it will leave them well in place and thick. i do this throughout the day and I have seen good results thus far however I am of course early into the dreading stages so in about three months when they're long I'll post a picture of how long they've gotten. I've always had huge afros and never dreaded up and this time after about 8 months I decided to dread up and I'm ready.

updated by @eddy-st-king: 01/13/15 09:42:47PM
Castaway J
@castaway-j
11 years ago
585 posts

right on and welcome! cant wait to see some pics up. at least take a pic of how they are when you began.

just have to ask tho, why would you bother worrying about the tips?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

shae may buildup aloe or jojoba maybe better option and used all over not just tips used only to keep thenm from being too dry

and yea why worry bout the tips

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Eddy St. King
@eddy-st-king
11 years ago
50 posts

thanks, well the only reason I'm doing that to the tips is just to give them a little extra "food" if you will. I've been doing it for the past 2 days and the dreads are really holding well pre and post showers so I think they really like the shea butter.

Eddy St. King
@eddy-st-king
11 years ago
50 posts

@SE The shea doesn't buildup promise I use very little on each tip. It's all about the amount used it's the most natural oil out there straight from the tree

soaring eagle said:

shae may buildup aloe or jojoba maybe better option and used all over not just tips used only to keep thenm from being too dry

and yea why worry bout the tips

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form