Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My Turn!

Jen Webb
@jen-webb
12 years ago
13 posts

I originally joined to forum in my quest for research to Dread my husbands hair. A few months on and I've been really sold on the idea (sparkly dread beads had me sold for sure!!!)

Well I guess it was bound to happen and I now have dreads too!

It took about 2 days to do with my husband doing the back and me doing the front. My ends need work, I have limited time off so the main bulk was dreaded using the "twist and rip" technique and i can work on the ends myself as I go =)

Funnily enough that is not my natural colour.. I have spoke to others who say dying there dreads is not hard though bleaching my roots may be hard. My natural colour is very light and bleaches very quickly even though I would still normally just leave it in the recommended time. I plan to try on one small area (so I dont end up bald!) bleaching the roots and rinsing out as soon as the colours gone, hopefully this will lessen the damage and protect my dreads. If bleach is a no go i should still be able to use the colour it just wont be as vibrant.

updated by @jen-webb: 01/13/15 09:42:34PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

the ends dont need work at all leave em alone

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

that colors not natural? it looks so natural haga but take those rubber bands out right away!

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

the roots look tortured with those bands in they gotta be set freee

--
Jen Webb
@jen-webb
12 years ago
13 posts

the bands are already out....I knew you would say that though....

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

oh forgive me i forgot to mention how good they look on ya stry went right into doctor mode u know how a gorgouse woman could go into a dr office disrobe and the dr will focus right in on a mole or something they are concerned about overlooking the fact that theres a gorgouse naked woman attached to the mole..lol

post some after removing the bands

they will look sa lot better

--
Jen Webb
@jen-webb
12 years ago
13 posts

My husbands where the same, we cut his off in the end. His hair is very fine it was a nightmare to dreadlock. i used to have fine hair but after years of abusive not so much.. though dreadlocking it was much easier lol

Now i just want beads.. and I want to make some beads! I'm going to look like a bloody Christmas tree but I dont care :D

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

dont cut just let the ends stay looee

leave em alone

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form