Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My dreadlocks

Pete
@pete
12 years ago
67 posts

Hey guys, i just joined the website , and i think it's awesome, thanks for making one.

Okay, i have acaucasian curly hair, which i made into dreadlocks using twist and rip. i haven't used wax or anything else, just been washing with shampoo that doesn't contain any healing thingys.

So , basicly i dunno if i made my dreadlocks with right method.

Is there anything i should do with them ?

updated by @pete: 02/14/15 10:57:40AM
Tim5
@tim5
12 years ago
359 posts

I'd quit the palm rolling, it does nothing except damage if you do it for long enough. non residue dread shampoo 2-3 times a week, seperate and thats it.

Pete
@pete
12 years ago
67 posts

my dreads aren't staying together if i don't do anything to them i think :c

Tim5
@tim5
12 years ago
359 posts

All starter methods will fall apart before they dread, its just how it goes. Because you have curly hair it will dread quickly, just keep them really clean. get a good dread shampoo. If you can get Lockin Up liquid shampoo get, its awesome.

Andrew Datton
@andrew-datton
12 years ago
1 posts

If you like it, don't do anything :)

Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts
They look good. It kind of looks like some of them are pretty big? You might want to separate some of them, unless you want big fattie dreads. Those require some special attention when they're mature.
Kelly3
@kelly3
12 years ago
333 posts

Mons might be fight. Check and see if any of your sections are bigger than one square inch. If they are, take them apart and make more out of it. TnR dreads fall out before they dread back up. This is normal. Just make sure you let it happen, because if you redo a starter method, it sets you back to square one.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

They look fine. But I think I see rubber bands in a few of them. If you have any rubber bands in, take them out. Rubber bands prevent locking. They are elastic and squeeze your locks too tight. This creates weak spots that don't lock under the rubber band. They can also break and get sucked into the lock where they dry rot and cause mold and mildew

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

take out the bands stop doing everythung youir doing let them do what they do it looks like u forced the tips to blunt too that wasnt a good idea either

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Pete
@pete
12 years ago
67 posts

I'm not using rubber bands, but thanks for advice, ill just let it grow and seperate

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form