Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

a plethoria of questions and a tad perturbed right now :/

dreadmojo
@dreadmojo
12 years ago
25 posts

ok so this january 5 about 9 days will be 4 months on my journey...now a few questions because im having some issues

iive been having bad bad scalp problems, bloody sores, dandruff, but not very itchy or im just used to it idk, now all i was using is the bs/acv rinse with rosemary, tea tree, lavender oils and some times peppermint and almond but that was leaving this gross white haze i suspect was from the rinse on my scalp every single time no matter what i did and when i scratched that white layer a tiny bit flakes would just come off there like no 2maro like a freaking blizzard...pretty gross i know...and i tried it eeeeeeevery way so be4 some says oh well what did u do wrong in the method i did everything...cold shower, only a few drops of tea tree more of rosemary, only 1/2 cup bs to 5 cups of water and still white scalp

so then i swtched just recently the dreadlocksshampoo dragons blood locking up shampoo figuring ok this should do the trick heal up my sclap, so washing with this shampoo i lather it a bit on my hair and in my hands and use my finger tips to get into the roots and really try and clean and hydrate my scalp so i dont have any more dandruff issues, now its kinda working for that it smells good lathers up nice and feels clean and i like it waaaay more then the bs/acv rinse (that felt like it was just melting my scalp) but oh no no light at the end of the tunnel!!! since im having the scalp issues ive been really using my finger tips and scrubbing in the shampoo but every time i do this or just barley like mess with my hair when im washing it, my hair just falls right out, i mean full strands not breaking off just boom like 10 to 15 strands in my hand every time, im really not concerned with me like slowing down the dread process right nw cause i just want to get my scalp healthy but now my hairs falling out? so basically im pretty agitated right now ive been using only the natural stuff yet having all this issues kinda wack

so my questions are

1. why is that white layer being left with the bs/acv rinse? i have hard water thats a high ph already is that why?

2. why is my hair falling out with the dreadlocksshampoo? i thought it was supposed to be formulated for dreads but even the bs/acv rinse didn't make my hair fall out?

3. is that what is supposed to happen? strands fall out and get sucked into the dreads to make them tighter? i thought it was the shrinkage and knotting that makes them thick and tight?

im kinda bummed about all this ima go burn 1 down...

updated by @dreadmojo: 01/13/15 09:42:19PM
emilio gonzalez
@emilio-gonzalez
12 years ago
32 posts

i think the hair falling out is just from the scrubbing your are doing , remeber you naturally loose about 100 hairs a day so if your hair is tangling and you wash lets say every three days you can have 100s loose hairs that prob most will stay tangled but some will fall out ,, i also use that shampoo and i lost way more hair in the shower when my hair was being combed .

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

1 the high ph was the issue are u in england?

2 you shed a thousand hairs a day its normal u just didnt notice b4

3 yup to both haj]=ir sheds and gets stuck in but ..shinj[-king and tightening makes em thick and tight

trivia every single hair on your heads shed every 7 years therefor your hair can only grow s long as it grows in 7 years..u less u dread then the hairs u shed are attached to hairs attached to your head

so in my dreads at 21 years the individual hairs making up the full length are in 3 sections from root to tip

because they shed only a handful a day they stat=y long strands so strong

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
dreadmojo
@dreadmojo
12 years ago
25 posts

ok cool thanks for the response guys ok so i will not use the bs/acv rinse unless i get a reverse osmosis filter(i might any ways for me garden x} ) no se i dont live in england i live in socal but the ph is 8 right outa the tap and pretty hard to lots of minerals

and ok cool so i guess to kinda not slow the process down so much i shouldnt really scrub real good with my fingers? cause the hair that could be making the dreads thicker is just gonna be falling out? and as far as my scalp issue is it bad to not fully heal up the dandruff be4 u really let the dreads take off? cause i really dont want little white flakes all down my dreads once they lock up and get some length, plus i figure its not to healthy to just keep letting it get bad right?

thanks again guys! :)

dreadmojo
@dreadmojo
12 years ago
25 posts

no no lol wasnt using the bs/acv together, i was thinking adding acv to water to lower the ph and then adding that to the bs and oils but nah i just got the shampoo now im over the bs/acv lol

dreadmojo
@dreadmojo
12 years ago
25 posts

ph ok col thanks for the replies i think ima just stick with the dragons blood shampoo for now my scalp issue has been clearing up with that it was mostly the shedding that worried me but since its normal ill just try and not scrub so crazy thanks again everyone

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

yea just keep using that take care of your scalp your fine

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form