Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

So I cut my "wax-locks" off a couple of days ago.

Oniondog
@oniondog
15 years ago
18 posts
Hey guys,Basically I got sick of my dreads always having a core of wax and lint and fluff etc always sticking to it (dog hair was the worst!).I've had my dreads for almost a year, and you could still grab them at the waxy parts and literally pull them apart until they're flat... Wax gives the illusion that you have tight dreads because of how rock solid the wax sets in your hair... Let this be a lesson to all of you, including myself. I never would have cut my hair if it wasn't for wax, and really, it was pretty weird because I haven't had 'short' hair in about 5-7 years..I do realise that there is a wax recover group and a lot of techniques etc to try.. but the truth is, I wasn't really happy with them, because a lot of them fell apart at the back and all the other were way too thick for my liking.. They were thicker than my hair because there were huge clumps of wax in there!You'll notice when I pick them up, they stay straight / stiff.. It's gross!I had around 24 locks.. When my hair grows again, I intend on having maybe even double that amount.. I'm still gonna start by backcombing and making the sections myself.. But then im just gonna leave it after that.. and DEFINITELY no wax or product, it WILL ruin your dreads!I wiill also acknowledge that my hair doesnt look THAT waxy in this video, but trust me, it is... If you squeeze into any of them or start picking towards the core, you're guarantee'd to find some within 5 seconds.. Also after I cut them, you can look down from where the roots start and you can see right in the middle where all the white / yucky stuff left from the wax and lint starts.Anyway, without further ado, here's my video, and I hope to be a dreadhead again soon, and an AUTHENTIC one at that!(EDIT: I just realised you can attach files to your post (which is awesome!), so I've gone ahead and attached it, too :)) http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/167403/dreadcut-wmv.html (Scroll to the middle of the screen where the orange form is.. It will ask you to wait x amount of seconds before "download file now" appears. Click that. Or use the attachment link at the bottom of this post.)
updated by @oniondog: 10/19/16 10:39:45PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
can you do a second dissectioin vid?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Oniondog
@oniondog
15 years ago
18 posts
Well, no, because I kept all of my dreads in a bag.I want them to be intact, I don't want to ruin them.Sorry :(
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
i understand :)just thought it would help to show whats inside...but the stiffness was enough vissual aid

--
Oniondog
@oniondog
15 years ago
18 posts
I did think about doing this though, even I cut them..I might dissect one of the grosser ones or something, I don't know, ill think about it ;).00:15 and 00:21 of the vid show some particularly bad ones..
Remiss
@remiss
15 years ago
40 posts
Hey!thats suck that you had to cut them man...But yeah it'll help for sure if you could show us the insideI understand tthat you don't want to ruin them....but maybe it could just make everyone realize how bad it could be.If I was you (if you decide to dissect one) I would also try some cleaning product or dissolver just to find if there is a way to remove that wax effectively with minimum damage.but again it's your choice...and I understandsee ya
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
good ideacould save other dreads from being cut

--
Oniondog
@oniondog
15 years ago
18 posts
I don't really see any method working completely to fix them..There's always gonna be traces in there, and if there isnt, the damage will have already been done..I bet it would take longer to get the wax out than to just regrow your hair to the same length again.. But I was a huge pussy about it.Plus, besides that, I didn't like how they were sectioned, I had no dreads at the back. The sections were so big I was constantly struggling with loose hairs everywhere, it just looked overall bad and UNNATURAL. Also you would find every so often an inch or two of completely undreaded straight hair, just in the middle of a dreadlock... All the hair would be knotted around it, except for a section... That'd be your glued waxy section right there! If you can feel wax physically in your dreads, I guarantee they won't knot there no matter how long you give it.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
throw em in a washing machine...if that dont get out the wax at least itsws proof that 2 or 3 gental washings wont remove anything at all..but your right i doubt any methods are 100% effective, but would be nice to know which do get out some or mostas soon as i find dread wax i intend to do a burn test on a 1/2 waxed dread (i have alotta thin ones that loose several inches after dragging on the ground alot)

--
Oniondog
@oniondog
15 years ago
18 posts
Your dreads drag along the ground?! That's badass!
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form