Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

How soon can I use accessories!! :D

FiddleSticks268
@fiddlesticks268
12 years ago
14 posts

Heya! I'm almost done putting dreads in (tnr)--my oldest ones are almost a week old now... Now I realize I am probably jumping the gun by a long shot, but when is it okay to start using accessories? :D I heard that dreads need to be worn loose for them to form, so as for tams and headwrap/bands I'm assuming use sparingly till my dreads are more mature? (Mostly I'll be wearing them for work till my dreads look a bit more presentable.) And wait completely until they're mature for beads and the little wraps? (And if you have a timeframe or "this is what your dreads will look like at this point in the progression" for when then that would be awesome :D) Thanks!

updated by @fiddlesticks268: 01/13/15 09:41:52PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

tams are fine now beads are fine now (my 1st few dreads started by outting beads in straight unknotted hair and allowing it to dread with the beads on (that was only 3 or 5 dreads in the back startedhat way tho and a few ontop were wrapped too)

u can use em now however

wearing tighter hats and wraps will slow progress if worn alot 1/2 the days ok as long as 1/2 the day theyu are free

beads and wraps are ok now but beads put on b4 they thicken may be stuck in a dent between fatter parts for years wraps early may prevent thickening completely

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Arsonal Da Rebel
@arsonal-da-rebel
12 years ago
6 posts
This is for soaring eagle: i heard that it was good idea to wear a wool cap. Jusy wondering what theyre good for in early stages
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

wool tam not nesacarily a cap wich might be too tight to alow movement and theres been much theorizing on why exactly wool helps but most logical conclusion is that wool has a loose electron that easily transferes to other natural materials like cotton and hair creating a static charge which charged hairs tend to repell or attract eachother v=based on the charge and this..may assist in locking

at least thats what makes sence to me but wool has been well known to help creat knots

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form