Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

REGRET

Jessica Wilson
@jessica-wilson
12 years ago
17 posts

My dread journey began with doing TnR over a 2 month time, few here few there. At the time I didn't see free form as an option now 9 months in I deeply regret that I didn't begin naturally.From the initial TnR I have done zeromaintenanceother than wash lol. I LOVE my locs and the progress they have made. This is why it hurts my spirit to have anything negative attached to them (the regret).

Please help I to move forward....

~Ras TafarI~

updated by @jessica-wilson: 01/13/15 09:41:40PM
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
12 years ago
1,302 posts

Namaste' Jessica. Don't have any regrets on your locks. T&R is the next best thing to the neglect method. You are proudly going the natural route, no wax, no palm rolling etc. Embrace your soul with the changes in your dreads and the journey you are on. I too did T&R after 2 weeks of letting my hair naturally separate and am also 9 months in. No regrets here, just freedom & happiness that my hair is finally me and not societies.

ღHippie Loveღ
@hippie-love
12 years ago
80 posts

I too did TnR only have 12 underneath but letting the rest naturally form which my hair has so many layers the back is going to dread before the front will.. No regrets here and I'm only going to be in my second week this Monday the 17th of my third set of dreads.

Kelly3
@kelly3
12 years ago
333 posts

You could always start again, but I wouldn't bother. If you love them then just accept what they are. Like Barrellady said, TnR is the next best thing. You probably wont be able to tell the difference between TnR and natural once they are fully matured.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

its a common regret

it doesnt have to be negative turn it into a possitive

a ;esson

when others join and want to tnr explain how its common to feel like naturals not an option but then more likely you too will regret the choice and wish you went natural

then explain how starting over 9 months in is a very hard decission comparible to the choice of divorce when theres kids involved as well

u may choose to live with the spouse thats not alkl you hoped for for the sake of the children cause you love them (your dreads) so much

you can encourage others to take freeform into consideration more fully and weigh it against the possibility of future regrets

you can let your regret be a guide to others and with each 1 you guide in that direction you can let go of a lil more regret with each

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Tim5
@tim5
12 years ago
359 posts

The LOVE is there, like God is always there for us. Let your heart be caressed by Gods love. It is child and Father, allow Him to ease your mind, everything is fine sister.

Blessings and peacefulness.

Danielle Hache
@danielle-hache
12 years ago
100 posts

i did tnr and can say my dreads are natural without a doubt ...basically the tnr just made some sections but thats it everything else about it is totally natural

Jessica Wilson
@jessica-wilson
12 years ago
17 posts

Give thanks to ALL for the love and encouragement. Honestly just voicing my feelings has allowed I to let go ofsome of the regret and opened the door to enlightenment. I see the TnR as the final act of vanity and the beginning of being who I was created to be....one large step on I trod out of babylon.

Starting over is not an option for I took the vow of the Nazarite.

And yes, Soaring Eagle I mostdefinitely will try to encourage others.

More love and blessings to All!!!

Ises I Most High Jah Ras TafarI

Jessica Wilson
@jessica-wilson
12 years ago
17 posts

I need to add that I don't view those who choose TnR as vain...just a view of Iself and the reasons I chose to go that route.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form