dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

How to Maintain Small Dreads

Slim_Thick
@slim-thick
12 years ago
7 posts

I have such a hair crush right now!!

Its been 3 weeks and I used the twist method. I have coarse hair, very nappy. And my hair is so thick and I can tell that its growing all ready!! I haven't washed it yet because I'm scared the twist are going to come undone.. I mainly just use water and africas herbal oil. This is the best decision I've ever made with my hair.

Anyways, my dreads are really small and I've been researching on how to maintain small dreads, and I've been hearing that i won't be able to because they are just going to break off

but i have a friend that's been growing her dreads over 5 years (500 locs) and she told me that i should start latching my hair.. and i think that's what I'm going to do but i don't know if i should start latching them now, wait for more new growth, or wait until they loc up?

My hair is short in the front and long in the back and the front of my hair keeps coming undone, i retwist them a couple times a week but i don't want to over do it, so i stopped.. should i keep twisting them? Gettin a little scared.

Thanks In Advance.

updated by @slim-thick: 08/19/21 10:15:22PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

NOO DONT LATCH nD WHY THE HELL WOULD U WANT 500 LOCKS WHEN THEY GET LONG THEY GET CAUGHT IN EVERYTHUNG 500 IS WAY TOO MANY TO KEEP TRACK OGF LATCHING WOULD BE SA REALLLLY BAD IDEA ITS GOING TO DESTROY THEM

srry caps but it isa that important to kbnow the caps were accidentak but the message needs to be that clear never latch and you shouldnt want over 100 dreads or they will be a severe pain to maintain

never retwist them just wash wash wasgh and give them time

let a few combine to hget a lil thicker but not too thick if u really are set on wanting thin dreads let then be between pencil and dime size

but latching twisting all that crap will dio is weaken them thin them make em break and make u go bald

from here on just wash..and seperate nothing else

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Slim_Thick
@slim-thick
12 years ago
7 posts

Thanks!!!!

Slim_Thick
@slim-thick
12 years ago
7 posts

well if i didn't have a life i would have plenty of time to attend to 500 dreads lol

I think i have a little over 50 thats cool with me

thanks for the advice now im really convinced i shouldn't latch.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form