Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Washing hair

Tieya Mayne
@tieya-mayne
12 years ago
15 posts

So I am doing the BS wash and I read to use cold water to wash and rinse. My question is when I shower normally and am not washing my hair do I need to keep my hair out of the warm water all together? Thanks all and have a great day!

updated by @tieya-mayne: 01/13/15 09:40:28PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

ofcourse not
but if u use really hot ewater it dries the skin and scalp

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Tieya Mayne
@tieya-mayne
12 years ago
15 posts

Cool beans thank you for all of the tips! :-)

Castaway J
@castaway-j
12 years ago
585 posts

yes, remembering back in the day when showers were only hot hot water, my hair and face skin was always oily. cold water rinsing took care of my greasy italian hair, who woulda thunk it ;)

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
12 years ago
1,302 posts

hI Tieya. Enjoy warmth while you shower, no need to keep your hair out. When you are just about all finished, hold your head under the coldest water you can take. It closes the pores which leads to less oily hair.

Tieya Mayne
@tieya-mayne
12 years ago
15 posts

Happy to hear all of this. I have been pulling my hair back when I shower. I am scared of dread rot. My hair is so thick it takes forever and a day to dry. I am also Italian and oily as hell:-) so this is all good to know. My hair is very BIG right now and out of control, not much difrent than any other day but I am trying to stay away from pulling it back to much. Well that and it is a bit shorter and puffy so it makes it harder to do anyways. Thank you again for all of the advice it helps my along for sure. Happy day all!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form