Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Black Soap Liqued-Caucasian hair

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
12 years ago
1,302 posts

Namaste'. Is Black Soap Liquid safe for Caucasian dreads? I am doing an art show this weekend, and an African American gal with dreadlocks is selling this, and said it is good for my dreads. It is labeled 100% pure & natural. The ingredients are: Aloe Vera, Plantain Skin, Vitamin E & A, Plantain Pod, Palm Kernel Oil, Shea Butter & Olive Oil, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) seed oil, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) root oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) seed oil, Citrus Racemosa (Grapefruit) oil, Rosmarinus Officinal (rosmary) leaf oil, Commiphora Myntia (Myrrh) oil, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea tree) leaf oil, Canaga Odorata (Ylang Ylang) flower oil, Pogostemon Cablin (Patchouli) oil, Ricinus Communis (Castor) seed oil, This is a product of Ghana. If any one has an answer for me, that would be greatly appreciated.

updated by @the-barrellady: 01/13/15 09:40:19PM
Liz Delamp
@liz-delamp
12 years ago
7 posts
I cannot say I know... try it on a small area? Chances are it's safe... but don't endorse anything you're not sure of
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

if your dreads are very mature its probly ok to use but not allthe time

at odunde they sellit i asked the same question got the same ansewer butthe truth is they just dont know

shae jojoba vitamin e aloe etc etc are all conditioning thats why its good for african har that soaks it up and craves moisture

anuything but the most mature dreads would probly fall apart 1st use

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
12 years ago
1,302 posts

Thanks, I questioned her about the amount of natural oils, but she insisted it was safe. I did have a tam on and did not tell her my dreads are not mature yet, only 8 1/2 months in.

NaturalDreads01
@naturaldreads01
12 years ago
170 posts
Very interesting ingredients, but as SE said, it does have a pretty good amount of conditioners.
Cariboo
@cariboo
12 years ago
3 posts
Hey, I've been lurking around this site since a few weeks before I took the plunge and started my dreads (via TNR). My dreads are now just over 2 weeks old. It feels like much longer.Anyway, I signed up so that I could reply that I started using black soap for my dreads. I love the smell of the one I linked below, it's mild and sweet, and there are few ingredients (100% raw African black soap, neem oil, distilled H20, Pure essential oils and attars, Veg based Grapefruit seed extract). http://www.etsy.com/listing/75371501/sale-dreadlock-shampoo-neem-nag-champa
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form