Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

firefox and chrome users are now speedy

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

theres a new experimental protocol developed by google to speed up the web, called spdy

currently only chrome and the newest firefox supports spdy

we just enabled spdy minutes ago (on main www and dating sites not on shops or classifieds yet as i ned to do further testing)

along with this comes increased security and spam blocking and other optimizations

there were a couple issues with the chat earlier which are working fine now

chrome and firefox users can instal the spdy indicator extention which will alert you \to wich sites are using spdy

spdy will also only work over secure connections so your login is now more secure

also if you post your email anywhere its now masked to protect you from spammers harvesting your email

theres many other tweaks like to load faster images now resize to fit your devices better and dont load untill u scroll into view

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 01/13/15 09:40:09PM
Ryan6
@shiftyeyes
12 years ago
19 posts

I noticed the site was running a lot faster and loading seemed a lot smoother. (I'm on Firefox)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

tip to be fully spdy u need all connectons secure i havent set it all up yet or changed all links but for now on any page but front page click the banner

that will take u to the secure main page where fromthere everything except the links in the drop down menus should be secure

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

there is 1 intermittent performance issue still

its a comscore issue

its built in so needs to be fixed at the sourse

--
Dislike 0