Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

not again

bobbi blaine
@bobbi-blaine
12 years ago
11 posts

I just tnr'd my 5 year old daughter's hair this morning and I already feel like I ambeginningmy own journey all over again. That feeling you get when you think you are being judged- and now feeling that people think I am a horrible mom. I wish I lived in a commune. An all vegan commune would be nice.

updated by @bobbi-blaine: 01/13/15 09:39:17PM
Pranee RN
@pranee-rn
12 years ago
23 posts

If she likes them then never mind everyone else! <3

DreadfulAmenita
@taby
12 years ago
80 posts

It's always hard to go against the flow. I'd like to live in a commune too. Hang in there! I think kids with dreads are adorable! When I have a child I'd hope he/she would like dreads too.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Thank you Taby. I feel like kids are adorable with locks, but only if they want them. And just saying they want hair like mommy's or daddy's is only a statement.

If your daughter likes them, go for it. If she's mature enough to ignore other kids or parents ridicule, then forget them yourself.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

judgmental ppl will always find something to judge you on it could v-be anything hairstyle sexuality skin color weight political views how you dress what you eat the car you drive the color you paint your house etc etc you can give them an easy target so they expose themselves or make em work fopr a way to find a reason to judge ya

the more afraid you are of judgement the more u conform and the harder they have to look for a reason to judge so you may not see how judgmental some are for a long long tme till they find something insignificant they can judge u on

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Mandallyn
@mandallyn
12 years ago
5 posts

I want to let my baby's hair do what it will as it grows, but my husband is worried about him having to face other people's judgement. :o/ I was/still am (but a little less) worried about how others perceive me as a mother with my hair all crazy, I usually cover it, or use a headband to help control my hair when I go out. Yet even with unkempt hair my children generally listen better than most others they're around, so it's quite obvious, whether or not I fit in, that I'm a good mother. I believe actions always speak louder than words, and anyone who judges without knowing isn't worth the time of day.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form