dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dread resistant fringe

The Apprentice Shaman
@the-apprentice-shaman
12 years ago
30 posts

Alright folks :)

I'm 13 months and a few days into the dreading process (neglect with a baking soda / vinegar wash once or twice a week) and despite the unavoidably slow progress with my fine hair, the majority of my head is covered in ickle baby dreads of various sizes. It doesn't really look dreaded unless I hold it out, but I'm sure this will improve as time passes and they mature/thicken. I'd estimate another 12 to 18 months until it's 'properly' done.

Except for the part of my hair that would form the fringe if it was shorter. That bit's still almost completely loose and doesn't seem to want to do anything at all, which is starting to annoy me a little. I'm reluctant to backcomb/t'n'r/whatever, but is there anythingunintrusiveI can do to help it get the hint?

Thanks in advance.

updated by @the-apprentice-shaman: 01/13/15 09:39:09PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

it will get there but more will replace it im 22 years in and tend to have a lot of loosies there too (not at the mommmen t the dreadlockshampoo.com soaps seem to have helped alot)

i never did a thing to mine unless i was on a cross country road trip spending 24-48 hours in a car with windows down and those annoying hairs blowing in my face

when that happened id tie a knot in the ends and theyd dread right up

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Tim5
@tim5
12 years ago
359 posts

I had natural dreads for ten years, I have curly-ish hair, my fringe was the last to dread, it took about 18 month I think.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form