Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I will be combing out my dreads

Sheribaby
@sheribaby
12 years ago
30 posts
its official. i have decided to comb out my dreads. it will be fully documented. i can always have dreads again but i really need a change and i keep seeing all the beautiful long haired maidens in A Game of Thrones and want my old long hair back. it was down to my bum when i got them made so it will be interestig to see what 2 years of dreadlocks looks like once detangled. i will miss them and probably regret it after a while but i know that my next set of dreads will be unique and i'll love them too.
updated by @sheribaby: 02/14/15 08:30:04AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

ypu'll be dreading again b4 u know it..and naturally next time

id usualy say within a year but i have a feeling 4-6 months is more likely

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Sheribaby
@sheribaby
12 years ago
30 posts
I love you SE, you are so positive
Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

sorry to see them go, they are so very lovely! but change can be good & i bet your hair will be beautiful unknotted as well <3 can't wait to see the photos of the process & hope to see you back to dreading again at some point!

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I can't wait to see the new process of your next set. I'm sure it'll be just as much fun and just as beautiful as this set

Smile
@smile
12 years ago
5 posts

Every day is a new day! :)

Sheribaby
@sheribaby
12 years ago
30 posts

Thanks guys.

I already know I'll form a new set of dreads. I think its almost like I have to do it so I can get this long flowing hair thing out of my system. Its been bugging me for months. It will also be interesting to see how many people say "thank god you combed them out - they were awful" it will be a good laugh.

and thanks And_G thats the look I'm going for....but more of an Earth Goddess vibe - I'm far from a princess :)

Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

seems like a lot of people are combing out their dreads lately. i think your hair is lovely but you have to be happy so do what you gotta do. i'd be really interested in seeing before and after pics.

Sheribaby
@sheribaby
12 years ago
30 posts

I plan on taking heaps of pics and documenting it quite thoroughly - mainly for this website - I havent been able to find any really awesome pics of the process when anyone else has combed out - so if i can add to the mountain of knowledge found in this community I'm happy to. My husband is a pretty handy photographer ;)

HippyFish
@hippyfish
12 years ago
76 posts

In a sense that is how I felt when I combed my first set out after about 8 months. I desperately wanted to see what my straight hair looked like again as well as wanting to feel pretty and attractive with "normal" hair again. The biggest part was because I wanted more control on size and placement... which I did accomplish on my second TnR set.

After I combed them, I instantly realized why I loved my dreads so much. I actually felt more insecure once I combed them out... no volume, hair was flat against my head and my small fly aways were back in my eyes. With my flat hair it made my face look rounder. Needless to say I was so sad and missed my dreadies so very much and it was never a question of "if" I would dread again, but when :)

But I feel you about needing a change, I'm a Pisces and we change all the time! The only thing that matters is that you are doing it for YOU! Good luck, by the look of your dreads you will have a lot of loose hair coming out, mine were only about 10 inches long and I probably could have made a hat from all the excess hair in them lol.

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form