Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I will be combing out my dreads

Sheribaby
@sheribaby
12 years ago
30 posts

I am a bridesmaid this Saturday - so it will be a good opportunity to have some really nice piccies of me with my dreads, in a nice dress with make-up (a rare sight) Then on Sunday I plan to lay in the bath and soak my hair in conditioner and start to pull apart what wants to fall apart easily. Then first thing Monday morning the detangling will begin!I have enlisted the help of 3 of my closest girlie pals. They are coming out to my place with food and drinkies and we are making a day of it. Hopefully with the 4 sets of hands we can get through a lot of it on the first day.

updated by @sheribaby: 07/23/15 08:11:55AM
Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

take lots of photos! it's almost like you are making a ceremony of it <3 enjoy the wedding, enjoy your detangling day & enjoy your unknotty hair :)

Sheribaby said:

I am a bridesmaid this Saturday - so it will be a good opportunity to have some really nice piccies of me with my dreads, in a nice dress with make-up (a rare sight) Then on Sunday I plan to lay in the bath and soak my hair in conditioner and start to pull apart what wants to fall apart easily. Then first thing Monday morning the detangling will begin!I have enlisted the help of 3 of my closest girlie pals. They are coming out to my place with food and drinkies and we are making a day of it. Hopefully with the 4 sets of hands we can get through a lot of it on the first day.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Careful with drunk girls around your head, though. lol

Sheribaby
@sheribaby
12 years ago
30 posts

lol

Baba Fats said:

Careful with drunk girls around your head, though. lol

Sheribaby
@sheribaby
12 years ago
30 posts

Well, its a big deal to me - I've had a real rough time lately and I think it will almost be a way of renewing myself. One of these girly friends has not even seen me without dreads so its a bit of a discovery day for her (she is a hairdresser by trade).

I think I'll light some candles when I have my conditioner soaking bath the night before.... and make it into a ceremony :) just for fun

Ixchel said:

take lots of photos! it's almost like you are making a ceremony of it <3 enjoy the wedding, enjoy your detangling day & enjoy your unknotty hair :)

Sheribaby said:

Sheribaby
@sheribaby
12 years ago
30 posts

It has begun......I couldn't wait until after the wedding.

I have started on one of my fatter dreads at the back. After an hour or so I am about 2/3 of the way through my first dread. I have not used any detangler or conditioner yet. So once I buy some it will be interesting to see how much easier it is to comb out. It is now plaited to keep it from redreading while I sleep tonight.

At this point the plaited dread is longer than my other dreads (down onto my bum cheek) and the hair seems to be in pretty good condition. It has no bad smells and it is quite grippy and almost waxy (i never used any wax) to the touch. There are pockets of fluff that has been sucked into the centre of the dread though. I have three 1 to 2 inch mounds of hair that has just fallen out while combing.

I will unplait it in the morning and keep on combing. The method I have been using so far is to use the end of the comb like a needle to separate major sections off the dread and then comb out the rest of the knots. The most frustrating thing is that with my hair being soooo long i have to comb the knots all the way down past my belly button each time.

Sheribaby
@sheribaby
12 years ago
30 posts

I haven't used anything yet. It was just dry dreadlocks and a comb. I'm going to try some conditioner today to see if it make it easier

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form