Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dread day but need help with ends...

Jen Webb
@jen-webb
12 years ago
13 posts

Today is Dread day and i am going to dread my husbands hair.

I had a trial run on one last night, using the TNR method recommended on here (thanks!) it worked really well!

The one part I struggle with is the very tips...

any tips on tips?

updated by @jen-webb: 01/13/15 09:34:50PM
Doogie
@doogie
12 years ago
321 posts

Just leave the ends alone and they will lock in time.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

the ends are better off loose as water drains out the ends blunt tips hold water in making them take 5 times longer to dry on average

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jen Webb
@jen-webb
12 years ago
13 posts

thank you!

I am about half way through *yawn* but done all the longer top bits and back so just sides to do. His hairs really fine which seems to make it harder but working it out. I did buy "lock peppa" which has made a massive difference vrs my practice dread last night with nothing so all good will post pics when done :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

nooo rfi9nt use lock peppa its a scam it only appears to work but itzs really doing nothing at all when u wash it washes out so does all the knots you think it helped with

its literaly just dirt your payo=ing fd-r and its toxic as well

never use anythung from that site

now ll u did was make it flakey

wash tbat cralp out

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

lock peppa is

sand

clay

tree sap (rosin)

wintergreen (preven ts plants and weeds from growing in the dirt u just put in your hair)

it is somewhat sticky due to rosin so it creates the illusion of helping create knots

but it literaly does nothing..nothing at all

when iu rinse it rinses out and all the knots u thoufht it helped u create go too cause they arent knotted just got sticky icky grittieness holding it together

--
Jen Webb
@jen-webb
12 years ago
13 posts

..... it's not remotely sticky its like talc powder..without checking I wouldn't be surprised if that was all it is.

My practice dread I used nothing. For the rest i did use it and I found it helped alot. I didn't see it ascreatingknots more it opened all the hairs up making it easier to twist and rip".

I had a metal comb and there was the oddoccasionI backcombed an area (no more than once or twice) when it didn't seem to be progressing and that worked well too.

i did finish at 5am though lol will post pics now

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

its gritty its mostly rosin thats used on violin bows and for gymnastics etc its used to crate grip but when used in dreads it creates an illusion of helping.. it doesnt actualy do anything at all

except add grittines which makes it sem like its knottier when using it

its a scam and now u got to wash it oall out

and,,it is toxic to breathe

id wash it 0ut right away and when u do u will see it did no good at all

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form