Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Question for you natural dreadies

☮MamaKittyLove
@mamakittylove
12 years ago
198 posts

How long into your natural journey did you see your first knot start forming?

Again, my husband keeps saying I'm wasting my time going the natural route with my hair and it's making me feel rather sad.

I am only 17 days in and have a bunch of separation going on but nothing besides that.

updated by @mamakittylove: 02/14/15 05:51:22AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts
mine dreaded in a couple weeks but only 5% or so see dreading that fast the vast majority a couople monthsyour only 17 days in..days.. days are only hours long.. way too early to be thinkin g your wasting your time cause only a couple hundred hours have passed a few thousand minutesand werent u doing other things during those "wasted seconds" that werent wasteddoesnt he waste alot of time forcing his to dread when it would dread on oits own?now thats wasted time he could have used to do more usefull thingslike learn to be more supportinve and accepting

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮MamaKittyLove
@mamakittylove
12 years ago
198 posts

I'm trying to not be impatient but he is pushing me to be by saying these things. He waxed his dreads again the other night, I told him what an idiot he is (just being honest). He said that he will twist n rip my hair for me but I really don't want him to. He doesn't find natural dreads pretty, he thinks the messiness of them are ugly. We are so opposite lol.

soaring eagle said:

mine dreaded in a couple weeks but only 5% or so see dreading that fast the vast majority a couople months
your only 17 days in..days.. days are only hours long.. way too early to be thinkin g your wasting your time cause only a couple hundred hours have passed a few thousand minutes
and werent u doing other things during those "wasted seconds" that werent wasted

doesnt he waste alot of time forcing his to dread when it would dread on oits own?
now thats wasted time he could have used to do more usefull things
like learn to be more supportinve and accepting
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

and a year from now u will be getting constant wow i love your dreads and he will be getting funny looks

\have you stopped washing his pillowcase? the day he stands up with it stuck to his face he'll know hi way isnt the right way

--
Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

wait months before considering a starter method, for some people it takes that long. just be patient & enjoy whatever you have or don't have. love your hair everyday no matter what & just don't worry & the knots & loops will come along in time

Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

Well, it sounds to me that you know what you want and you know what you like... and that is what truly matters. If he loves you, when you say that to him, he should be okay with it.

After all, he is choosing a route that you do not agree on and you haven't left him ;)

So, just go your way and let him go his way and then compare the result in a couple of years. Neglect takes time and patience but once you get that first loop you will be so excited and we will all cheer you on when you show it to us. Then, the loops will start coming in droves. You will have favorites and then new favorites and over time, when they smooth out, you will miss them. Your hair will have character and personality.

Tiffany burney
@tiffany-burney
12 years ago
12 posts

im only a month and a half in and i already have 11 to 13 babies and they look great tight wonderful...im lovin my natural journey and the way things r goin they r gonna look great for my sisters wedding..woohoo

Danika Skalet
@danika-skalet
12 years ago
37 posts
The first month is generally the hardest, but once you get past that it's like nothin. Jus be patient they'll come. I think mine finally started to begin locking at about a month and a half or so and once they started there was no stoping them. Enjoy your journey now these moments are very special even if they seem minor now you'll look back at them and miss them. In the end you're going to have something very special that he's gonna miss out on.
motor
@motor
12 years ago
9 posts
It took a few weeks for the first couple to form but probably the best part of a year+ to actually all dread. Been about 20 months now without combing and definitely dreads. Don't wax or do anything. Just keep separating and maybe try and catch anything too loopy/splitting if you don't like it. Probably bad advice but you can cut little parts out of your dread, it does make them weaker but sometimes it is the only option!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

thwt is bad advice it does weaken them when you cut hairs u weaken them and there is another option

leave it alone

the loops suck in on their own and almost all disapear

just be patient

never ever ever cut parts out of your dread

how can it not weaken them when u cut pretty much every haor that gives it strength?

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form