Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

my dreading questions

N3VY N3V
@n3vy-n3v
12 years ago
3 posts

i have always wanted dreadlocks but i have very fine thin hair so somebody recommend that i try using wax i tried that it sweated out my first day back to work i was wondering if i sweat to much does that mean i cant get dreadlocks and if anybody knows any other methods i should try?

updated by @n3vy-n3v: 01/13/15 09:30:12PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

wax is pure evil u never want to use wax the person that recomended wax knew nothing haiir must be clean to dread that means no residues no wax so u got to start iover now remove all traces of wax wich is very very very hard to do

then let it dread it will dread itself no sweat will help dreads dread in fact

wax will prevent dreads from ever dreading

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

You can go all natural or try the twist and rip method. Info on the various methods and maintenance can be found at the dreaducation link (5th link at top of page) so you should definitely check that out.

Also, I must re-enforce SE's insistence on the wax. It's hard to remove completely and will stay inside dreads and cause rotting and/or hardness. There is a wax remover at http://shop.dreadlockshampoo.com/ or you can use a grease cutter like Dawn dish liquid. Once the dreads are cleaned you should just let them do their own thing. :)

Danika Skalet
@danika-skalet
12 years ago
37 posts
I have really fine hair myself and didn't use any product for mine and my hair dreaded just fine. Just let them happen.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form