Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Young/Beginning Dreadlocks and Water

NaturalDreads01
@naturaldreads01
12 years ago
170 posts

Ok, so I have been going 100% natural/neglect for the last week and a half and have one major question. I prefer to shower daily, because in my free time I like working out/lifting weights and i sweat quite a bit. So far I have used the BS/ACV wash twice, but what I want to know is if I am okaygettingmy hair wetevery timeI shower or if doing that is going to slow the locking process. I am fine not getting it wet, I was just curious as if to getting it wet that often will slow the process of it locking. Between the times I get my hair wet, it is drying completely though.

updated by @naturaldreads01: 02/14/15 08:48:54AM
NaturalDreads01
@naturaldreads01
12 years ago
170 posts

Oh yeah, I forgot to add, I amCaucasian and my hair length is right around 5 inches, maybe a tad bit longer. It is naturally semi-frizzy, semi-coarse, and naturally wavy with some curls in it.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

its fine but when they are dreaded they will take k=longer to dry

maybe you can workout 3 times a week max and then shower those days

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

another inch or so length will help alot

NaturalDreads01 said:

Oh yeah, I forgot to add, I amCaucasian and my hair length is right around 5 inches, maybe a tad bit longer. It is naturally semi-frizzy, semi-coarse, and naturally wavy with some curls in it.

--
NaturalDreads01
@naturaldreads01
12 years ago
170 posts

I could just stop getting them wet as often if that would be better. Working out it is a big hobby for me and i prefer to do it 5-7 days a week. or I could just start showering less. Whats your thought?

Breana
@breana
12 years ago
19 posts
I personally wouldn't get it wet daily, maybe by a shower cap and wash it every other day, or whenever it gets itchy. Since you work out a lot and you sweat more it gets dirty faster, which you know. Do what you feel comfortable with and slowly work towards washing your hair/scalp less as time goes on.
NaturalDreads01
@naturaldreads01
12 years ago
170 posts

Ok, so more length will help. Thanks for your time. I have been looking through these forums for a while now, and saw a few different discussions that had answered my question pretty closely, but I was still a bit confused.

NaturalDreads01
@naturaldreads01
12 years ago
170 posts

alright thanks for the help everyone, this helps a lot :D

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

id think pulling a shower cap n would undio progress insread just dont stick your head under the water stream

if it gets a lil wet thats fine

Breana said:

I personally wouldn't get it wet daily, maybe by a shower cap and wash it every other day, or whenever it gets itchy. Since you work out a lot and you sweat more it gets dirty faster, which you know. Do what you feel comfortable with and slowly work towards washing your hair/scalp less as time goes on.

--
CiArA
@ciara
12 years ago
25 posts
i worked out alot when i started mine...the most I've done the bs/acv is twice a week. if my head was really sweaty, like dripping down my face, id rinse it well with plain water, if i had just done the bs/acv the day before or something. no matter what/how i washed it, i got it wet no more than every other day, unless i super super had to. i found that using a spray bottle of sea salt and water, and set to a straight stream, high pressure, was helpful in between the "good" washings. i used it to get to my scalp and spray away the yuck, then did a quick rinse in the shower with plain water. this kept my scalp from "burning up"from too frequent of sea salt spray, but left enough in to help lock, and the sea salt, imo, has natural cleansing properties.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form