Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Aloe vera on dreads, does it smell?

Andres
@andres
15 years ago
18 posts
I've been reading some of the post and I now know that aloe vera can be used to make your dreads look nice, maybe for a special occasion. I do have several aloe plants on my backyard that I can use. I was just wondering if it leaves a smell after its applied into the dreads?Thanks for your help guys!
updated by @andres: 01/13/15 08:28:56PM
Jake
@jake
15 years ago
10 posts
a little bit but it isn't too bad
GratefulNick
@gratefulnick
15 years ago
155 posts
it smells when your applying it, but then after 10 minutes you don't smell it. I don't know if it's because the smell goes away or if you just become use to it. Aloe vera has alot of good vitamins in it. I've used it on my scalp even.
J@cque
@jcque
15 years ago
11 posts
it has a really strong smell when its wet .... and tastes worst! (keep ur fingers our of ur mouth)haha ... but afterwards it doesn't smell at all .... annnnd actually, for me, if i'm going out i'll use a little from the leaf on each lock to give them a nice finish .... but also because i think it also freshens the smell of your hair too .... like from foods, smoke, enviro., etc. ...it's good stuff! :)
Euphorian
@euphorian
15 years ago
20 posts
Well Its better Then Waxy Smell
Andres
@andres
15 years ago
18 posts
Thank you guys! I've tried it myself, it only smells at the beginning. Then the smell goes away. Plus having that stuff on your hair its great. =)
Hayley Turner
@hayley-turner
15 years ago
49 posts
It makes your hands feel nice after you apply it too!
☮Izzy-licious☮
@izzy-licious
15 years ago
183 posts
I use some of it in my baking soda rosemary mix during the shower just pour in about 2 tablespoons in and let it sit... while I wash the rest of me. I am staying at an extended stay hotel for the past few weeks and the water is so hard it dried my dreads out to sticks of straw... The aloe has brought them back to normal :D
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form