Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Anyone use Simmons Special Soap (unscented)?

Jon Browne
@jon-browne
12 years ago
13 posts

I just came across this bar of soap at the corner store. It looks legit. Bought some. I'm wondering if anyone has any experiences with this and if it's safe to use with dreads. Since it's unscented, that means there's no residue, correct?

updated by @jon-browne: 01/13/15 09:28:58PM
Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

Unscented doesn't actually equate to no residue actually. I've never actually heard of this soap personally. Can you post the ingredients? Maybe if we can see what's in it we can say for sure that it's good or bad for dreads.

Jon Browne
@jon-browne
12 years ago
13 posts

Contains: Natural oils of olive, palm & coconut, spring water, alkali, organic oatmeal

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

sounds too conditioning and more like ab exfoliating facial cleanser

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

That sounds really moisturizing for locks... and the oatmeal makes me think it's meant for the skin more than for the hair. What does the bar say? Is it supposed to be for hair?

Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

sounds like a very basic bar of soap. its oil heavy though so depending on your water type it could build up in your hair over time. oatmeal is a natural anti-irritant and anti-inflammatoryingredient. it would be soothing for those with scalp problems. i would say if you have soft water then go for it but if your water is hard then you might want to stick with something without so many oils in it.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form